Kuka KRC2 - src files transfer from external PC to robot

• I wish to know what is the way in src files transfer from externall PC to controller KRC2 for a continous milling operation in case of large parts with large memory.
    There is any solution, any software let you exchange large files using the memory of external PC , not to be limited by robot memory.

Or maybe there is any option to delete already ran files while is loading next one, using thus reduced memory??

Thank you

• sorry but I am still not quite I understand exact issue... need more info. for example you mention memory constraints, but not how much memory your controller has and how is it used. you mention large files but not actual size (at least an example of file size...) or what is it that you have tried already.

to import SRC files, you can use kuka HMI (copy and paste).
    if you want to deploy files from the PC that is on a network, there is an option called Directory Loader

EthernetXML and RSI are connectivity tools but they are not 'out of box' solutions. you can use them to communicate with robot when developing your own solutions (for example you can use RSI to control robot using external motion planer - something developed in whatever programming language you use)

if you are milling and files are large, I *think* the option is called CAMRob. If I am not mistaken, this software can be used to stream large files so that limited robot memory is not an issue.

btw. robot memory can also be upgraded (and vxWorks share may be increased to a limit)

did you ask your local kuka for advice...?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by panic mode ().

• When milling, sometimes is needed a lot of files to be loaded. I had a project with about 1100 files :smiling_face: divided in folders as i can't upload more than about 30 files at once (300kb roughly each)
    so that means loading by hand every folder after the previous one is done - not impossible but a bit boring :winking_face:

The best solution i saw around is something like directory loader in real time - to allow the robot to read from a network drive - i read that somebody did similar solution with EthernetXML - that's why pointed that solution - i am not using this myself, so apologies if i am wrong.

• Camrob is a postprocessor software from Kuka to translate CAM output files in robot KRL meaning src files.
    I already have src files and need to load in controller and run, the problem if I have bigger memory from 300 MB up. I have to divide job in half or more and to load shared files.

• i read that somebody did similar solution with EthernetXML - that's why pointed that solution - i am not using this myself, so apologies if i am wrong.

I think the solution using EthernetXML is transfer the variable from PC to robot ,then use some program to change the positions.
    I am afraid the EthernetXML do not able to transfer files.

KUKA Conntroller : _________<br />KSS Software : ____________ <br />Robot Model: _____________

• Hi signum,

for a customer we have developed a methode for KRC4 robots to load very big position files with more than 3 million points continously into the robot memory during the robot is working. The biggest file what has been running right now was 400MB containing 3.3 million points, but it shouldn't be a problem to even use bigger files. Attached there's a screenshot from the customer HMI we have delivered with that solution and a screenshot from the positionfile that comes from the customer. For this solution no additional software like EthernetXML is neccessary.
    We think this methode could work on KRC2 robots as well after rebuilding it to your demands and the structure of your position file. If you are interested just come back.

Greetings,

OrangeApps Team

• Camrob is a postprocessor software from Kuka to translate CAM output files in robot KRL meaning src files.
    I already have src files and need to load in controller and run, the problem if I have bigger memory from 300 MB up. I have to divide job in half or more and to load shared files.

Hello,

On my company we have used CAMROB as said above to stream points. It splits the big programs in several small and then stream them to the robot so the robot can execute them one at a time continuously.
    I think, according to what you describe, that it is what you need. It can do more than just postprocessing CAM to KRL.
    We used it for milling applications like yours.

Regards,
    Alex

• Dear Alex,

Spliting large files in smaller ones where from controller knows to run one by one continously and not to load all together once , blocking phisical memory.
    Recently evaluating a robot milling software from Roboris, I found that for Kuka has a similar option, to generate output files on coustom memory KB, dividing a large file in many smaller on your specified memory (for ex 75 KB) and in the same time generate a main file which calls all divided smaller files in order.Postprocessed files are written in this manner:
    Output.src - main file which contain listed next files.
    Output1.src
    Output2.src
    Output3.src
    .and so on
    Do you think is same with what Camrob does?

Edited once, last by signum ().

Advertising from our partners