to interrupt or not to interrupt, that is the question

• Dear All,

i trying to write a torque class that will calculate the torque so i can take masseurs of marble that i have.
    and yes, i know, kuka have torque and CNC and cookies and milk.
    all i want is that it will do movement adjustments while the robot is move, and not at the end of the motion
    i wrote interrupt, but it's taking control after the motion and not during.

please advice.

zeev

• if you want to interrupt motion, motion must be programmed inside a subroutine and you must make sure that advance run pointer does not leave that subroutine. also interrupt must be active and enabled.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• dear panic,

i understand the idea, but it's hard to write down the concept.
    if you can write a simple program, it will be help.

zeev

• did you try examples from the manual? (System Integrator manual, KRL programming, Interrupts...)

in attached example motion is in a separate sub called SEARCH() - it is NOT in main program called PROG(). PROG() only calls it.

motion CAN be on a same level as interrupt declaration (which is PROG() in this case) as long as you don't plan on altering motion by interrupt program (in this case that is FOUND() routine).

of course you need to take care of advance run pointer (can't let it leave SEARCH() before robot is done with those motions).

• Are you trying to measure something by detecting that you touched it, or are you trying to adjust your motion path on the fly without stopping? The latter can only be accomplished with RSI, or perhaps the Function Generator. The former can be achieved using Interrupts and, possibly, Soft-Servo mode, assuming the geometry of the system supports this.

• dear skyFire,

i trying to measure pressure points on marble to check out some hills that made after casting it. (it's industrial marble)
    in the first option , i check the torque on axis 5 and 6, by moving 1mm each time to and check the values.
    the second option , is on the fly as you say, and i want to be able to stop robot motion if someone upload incorrect values of the marble.
    let's say i want to make it IP (Idiot Proof).
    for second one i need on the fly check of the torque.
    i know i can adjust it , but i want to be able to change it as i can have several tolerances in several conditions.

i hope it's more understandable now, i will upload some photos and videos on sunday.

zeev

Advertising from our partners