Op modes

• I've just had our first robot with KSS8.3 and one thing I noticed was an op mode KRF.

After disabling AUT operation it now appears for a short time after a cold reboot then vanishes.

I've been trying to work out acronyms......

• I've heard of KRF from someone who was working on KRC4s at Mercedes. According to him, it would give you 5min(?) to jog the robot after violating a safety range or reach limit. It might be a Mercedes-specific thing, since I've yet to see it on any of my KRC4s.

KRF = "KUKA Recovery Function"? I wonder how this differs from logging in as "Safety Recovery"?

• Hi,

KRF stands for "kontrollierte Roboterfahrt" in german which basically stands for "monitored robot driving". If you set up a safe operation robot you will e.g. have to switch to "KRF" to release the safety lock on driving the robot whenever you leave the allowed area of your safe workspaces. In KRC2 T1-Mode was used to unlock the safety stop. Whenever you switch to KRF as your current operation mode it switches automatically back to T1 after a certain amount of time (I think 15 seconds but im not sure about this). So now in KRC4 you always have T1, T2, AUT/EXT and KRF, but you can only switch to KRF if there is a safety lock active otherwise you do not even see it on the HMI.

As far as I know many customers have vetoed this new operaton mode, so KUKA thinks about switching back to the old T1 mode unlocking in the future.

Fubini

Edited once, last by Fubini ().

• The operation mode KRF exists even without safe operation, since each robot is delivered with a basic safety controller (actually it comes including all safe operation features you just can not configure the extended safe operation features on the HMI). Inside the basic safety functions you only have velocity monitoring functions like "dont get faster than 250 mm/s in T1 mode". All these velocity monitoring functions do not uphold the safety lock because the safety lock drops as soon as your robot is slower as the monitored velocity limit. In particular inside the basic safety features you do not have safe workspace zone that require a safe retraction possibilty and hence you do not have any monitoring functions that require KRF.

Edited once, last by Fubini ().

• Some times if you reconfig the safety controller you will see the KRF option and some times at power up if will flash on.

You can use with profisafe if you enter an area you not supposed to to recover the robot .

Advertising from our partners