taking Robot to Home Position in EXT mode?

• Don't know what you mean, give an example. On real programs you will have different routines with non sequential numbers. If you have to insert a position the new one will have a complete different number, except you want to change the whole numbers and the homerun routine. I prefer to use the switch case. There it is easy to insert a new position. Or in some cases you can use a different method f. e. move straight up and then to home.

In real world I use steps of 10, or so to have an easy method to insert new positions without breaking the order.

This is only a concept, to show how it works, please use your own brain to make it perfect.

I have seen many different methods, but for me this is the best way, after programming robots for more than 25 years.

• My bad, I figured it was a command array and the case statement just sequentially worked backwards on it until it hit home :smiling_face:

A separate case for each position seems like quite a bit of work if there is a couple thousand positions, but if the cell environment is pretty static, then it's relatively easy to check for correctness.

A separate case for each position seems like quite a bit of work if there is a couple thousand positions...

Yes it is a bit of work, if you have thousands of positions there will be some optimization. Like in some cases move straight up and to home, as already mentioned use your brain and make it better.

By the way, I even have no fear about thousands of points, I have written a program on PC to create that sort of routine to move back to home. So creating the routine in most cases is a matter of minutes.

• Don't know if Arburg use this method, but have a look at: https://www.roboterforum.de/ro…g/?postID=71305#post71305

simple but seem to be missing few things. for example interrupt is only declared but never activated. and recovery only moves robot without regard if it holds something or not. both are easily fixable though.

but there could be other concerns such as if someone interacted with robot (reset program, change counter value, move robot manually etc) and then tried to run it again.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• You are right, but it is a concept, the real program is a bit more complex.

Changing the counter is grossly negligent, don't have to catch that. If someone is able to do that he should be aware of the consequences.

Resetting program without changing something else should be no problem, if tool and base is set correct in fahrtaufhome().

I only wanted to show the concept, everybody who wants to use it should use his own brain to make it perfect.

• Hello everyone...

I'm new in kuka krc4...my current customer also want the same kind of condition..

I have KRC4 robot with Laser welding application, and my customer wants to move back from any position of current program to move back to home position safely..then after they have to send this again cycle start for the robot...can anyone help me with code...any ideas...Thanks in advance....pls let me share details..with my mail id - jineshrohit88@gmail.com

• Hello everyone...

I'm new in kuka krc4...my current customer also want the same kind of condition..

I have KRC4 robot with Laser welding application, and my customer wants to move back from any position of current program to move back to home position safely..then after they have to send this again cycle start for the robot...can anyone help me with code...any ideas...Thanks in advance....pls let me share details..with my mail id - jineshrohit88@gmail.com

Putting your email in a public forum is a bad idea, it leads to spambots and phishing attacks.

To move home from "any position", you have to have some way to guarantee the robot has a way to move without collision. This depends entirely on the physical configuration of your application.

You might break your program into segments, setting a variable for each segment, and selecting a specific safe path to Home based on the segment number. Or, for a simpler physical condition, you might be able to use a simple Tool Relative motion to pull the end effector away from the work piece, to a height that would allow an unobstructed path Home.

Advertising from our partners