Job memory

• The DX100 does not have an option to expand the job memory. If you are having issues with memory try turning off the Trash Job List.
    SETUP>Teaching conditions>trash job list invalid

• Same as DX100. DX200 has almost 5000000 bytes of memory. How many jobs do you have in memory? Are you using all of them? Have you tried clearing the trash job list? Have you tried clearing the editting buffer also?

• NX100 is the same. No memory expansion.

You can attache a PC to the robot and use Yaskawa software (VDE) to act as external storage for jobs and parameters. You and then save jobs to the PC and delete them from memory and load a new job all with commands in the a job.

Robodoc

• There is a product for that as well - YasXfer. We just had one installed to a DX200, but it is supported by all Yaskawa controllers.
    I have massive JOBs with tons of arithmetics used, so I had a lot of remaining step memory but ran out of memory in general.
    I have the JOBs sorted into groups - one group for one product. I can have up to 3 groups in the controller at once.
    So now the operator starts the master job, the robot makes sure what product is on the table and if it doesn't have the jobs for it, it uses LOADJ instructions to load the necessary group of JOBs. If there's already 3 groups of JOBs in the controller (so there isn't memory for the 4th) it will use DELETEJ to delete a group from the controller. It will delete a group that is used the less (I have counters for all groups). This way the operator still doesn't have to load anything manually and the robot uses the least time for loading.
    Yaskawa Finland actually worked on getting the CF card to work with LOADJ instruction to solve my memory issue but as far as I know they didn't get it to work together with iCube we have on the robot. I'm pretty sure they found a way to use it on a robot without external network devices though. The CF card would have been way cheaper.
    That ever the solution - it will have to be an external device.

Advertising from our partners