FANUC authorized integrator

• Hi every one,
    I see alot of integrators advertise being FANUC authorized integrators, I'm curious as to what that actually means.
    Does any one know what benefits/services/perks a FANUC authorized integrator is able to get from FANUC and what the process/requirements are like to become one?
    Thanks!

How do I program it to have emotion?

• Nothing's like talking to a Fanuc's representative about that one !

Just call them and they probably let you know.
    Anyway, if you plan to become a Fanuc Integrator, you will need to talk to them someday !

If it starts well the first time, you have not checked all !

• Fanuc authorized integrators can perform warranty work on Fanuc robots. They also get a substantial discount on robots. There are some other perks as well.
    You must have engineers that can pass a certifying process from Fanuc. This requires that the engineers meet all the requirements and can pass a series of tests.

• I've gotten in contact with them Lerak, there answers just don't come with the same speed that I can think up questions! Haha

Racermike, do you know if you have to have multiple engineers go through the certifying process or could you just have one? Is it like a series of classes and training's you have to take that are tested on? I would be the one to go through the process, as long as they leave art history out of it I think the testing should not be a problem.

• you might be having trouble getting information from them right now because they are changing the requirements. the guy who ran the whole process for the last 15 years or so just moved to a different department. in the past at a bare minimum engineers were required to take TPP Programming, Advanced TPP Programming, a Mechanical and Electrical course, and a week long certification course with a 14 hour examination.

• Thanks for the info DuhbCakes,
    Have you been through the process yourself? Is the week long course a catch all course trying to hit all the bases?

• yeah, it was a two year process, though i was part of an authorized integrator so we had some special considerations. we took the electrical course the same week we did the certification. Electrical in the morning and from 8:00-15:30 and 16:00 - 23:00 we would do the cert course. i get the impression that Fanuc does not want to do that any more. cant imagine why. The cert course was an overview of everything that an integrator should know aside from the robots themselves. how to navigate the CRC and who to talk to about parts ect. Fanuc really just wants to know that if they give you their seal of approval that you are not going to go out and embarrass them. That being said, the exam was not easy of the three of us who went, we tested for 18 certifications, and only got 10. R30iA Electrical, ARC Mate120iC Mechanical, HandlingTool, ARCTool, PalletTool, Karel That was still considered a good result. For us it was a great opportunity to meet the Fanuc guys at Rochester Hills and grab some business cards. Now if i need help, i can drop a few names and move up the food chain pretty quick.

you should consider the cost involved before undertaking this. unless you strike a deal with Fanuc that is at least 4 week long courses at top dollar, plus expenses and lost time. I would have a deal carved in stone before i got started.

• We are an authorized FANUC integrator. My favorite perks are free training for our employees and access to online documentation for all of the various controller and mechanical generations. The discount is nice but in practice most of our customers have aggressive discount plans in place with FANUC where they prefer to purchase the robots and drop ship to our facility for integration and system runoff.

• What I wouldn't give to have access to all the online documentation, it still blows my mind that they would rather be asked 500 questions and send small snippets of the manual when buying a new robot then just giving access to the complete manual.

Thanks for all the information guys.

• What I wouldn't give to have access to all the online documentation, it still blows my mind that they would rather be asked 500 questions and send small snippets of the manual when buying a new robot then just giving access to the complete manual.

Thanks for all the information guys.

get a job with a company with Fanuc robots and they have access to all the of the documentation. I don’t know how long I’ll be with my company but I sure as hell downloaded every manual I could get my hands on. I got a lot

Advertising from our partners