Workvisual OptionPackages

• does anyone have anything listed under

C:\ProgramData\KUKA Roboter GmbH\WorkVisual\3.0\OptionPackages

in each package there is a folder listed as workvisual..

Most of your folders would be empty.. if its not, can you tell me what you do have in there?

Im working on a side project and curious..

• you have to add things every time your project uses something (Extras, Option package management).
    each package that is installed on robot may require KOP file integrated into WorkVisual (check if one is present on installation disc for that package).

for example ArcTech versions must match so you must remove any wrong ones before adding KOP file for correct one and THEN open a project.
    also be careful to add them in order, if dependency is missing WoV will crash, and the only way out is to manually remove the KOP file from folder

C:\ProgramData\KUKA Roboter GmbH\WorkVisual\3.0\OptionPackages

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by panic mode ().

• Im going through and trying to find items that are in the folder that are getting installed from the KOP. All of the packages i have dont have anything for them. if i had some items from there then it would better explain to me how some of the new tools are introduced into workvisual instead of having to go through all of the source code for it.

• if thech option has KOP file it will be in the folder in the root of the installation folder, either inside folder "KOP" or "Kuka option package".
    if the folder is missing, there is no KOP file so you can move on to next package...

I am not sure what the reason is that some are integrated into WoV and some not. I guess they all will eventually become part of WoV but until everything is reached stable release version, it is more practical to develop software that is modular, (much easier to remove and add KOP file than uninstall and install WoV).

Advertising from our partners