RSI EXTERNALS and REFERENCE BLOC

• Hello all,

Does anyone know what the blocs are for ?
    KRC4 KSS8.3 RSI 3.2

I am looking for a way to create specific bloc. I would like to create a cross product function that I could re-use without dragging all the bloc several times.

Thanks for your help.
    Alex

Edited once, last by Alex2070 ().

• Maybe i'm wrong, but for me, the generic transform object only allow a vector to be changed according to fixed parameters ?

My idea is to have 2 vectors (X1,Y1,Z1) and (X2,Y2,Z2) and do the cross product to have X3 = Y1 * Z2 - Z1 * Y2, Y3 = Z1 * X2 - X1 * Z2, Z3 = X1*Y2 - Y1*X2.
    That way, I have the normal vector for a three points surface.

My first idea is to create a bloc with 6 IN, 3 OUT, that would do this. However I do not know if we can define our own bloc.

• Hm, that is interesting. I had thought that the Transform object had a generic mode, like using the Geometric Operator in KRL. But after pulling up a TRAFO_UserFrame and looking at it, I can't say it makes much sense. Three Reals input to a 6-D transform, with 3 Reals output? What, do you only get to use the XYZ factors? How does that make any sense? The tooltips, of course, are useless.

• Yes I only use XYZ position in the Cartesian world.

In fact, I first have 3 points (X,Y,Z,A,B,C). I only keep the X,Y and Z coordinates. I then determine two vectors based on the three points. And then, I apply a cross product between the two vectors to have the normal vector.

I did it with quite a lot of bloc in the RSI. It works. However it is very hard to read with other functions around.
    I believe it's not possible to create our own bloc otherwise someone would have said it. Maybe on a new version of RSI. :icon_smile:

Advertising from our partners