Conection betwen RJ3iB and Fronius welding source

• Hello,
    I'm new in this forum, but i worked with Fanuc Robots for 5 yers.
    I have question about comunication between welding source - fronius and Controller Rj3ib.
    how can i connecting , i read about Proces kart, or devicenet,or internet IP.
    How you solve this problem on Yours Robots?
    probably i need upload option for fanuc and what else.

thanks for all answer.

• Hello.

With Fronius I use EthernetIP. Very rarely DeviceNet.
    For EthernetIP you need:
    Fronius - Block AB Ethernet IP (I use an external box)
    Fanuc - option Ethernet IP Scan + Fronius Library.

Write if you have questions with the connections and settings.

Alexey

• Hello,

How is the Fronius for a power source? I ask because we are thinking on getting one for a robotic application. Is that a good integration between fanuc and fronius? how are the options work compared to Lincoln (seam trac) ? which would you prefer? THanks

• I have used DeviceNet as a communication protocol to the Fronius, and with my experience, I would take lexx905's advice and use EthernetIP. The DeviceNet was very finicky and you will not get great support from Fanuc as the interface box is a Fronius product. EtherNet/IP is much simpler to setup. When I worked with the Fronius tech, he setup the system so job selection is done through the welder. Not a very good solution from my view. I would want the process setup and selection to be made completely through the pendant, which it is capable. Make sure you have the correct software options installed for the protocol you wish to use.

Once you have the options installed and the connections made, the Fronius power source is terrific. Work with Fronius to understand what you need and explain to them exactly what you want, as they will be the integrator.

Hope this helps.

• From Lincoln I worked only once. I did not like. Likoln this box with a one lamp. With Fronius much nicer to work with. The whole setup of welding modes occurs in the power source (Job mode). A welding CMT from Fronius - is super !!!!

If you have questions ask.

Regards

• I am new to this site. My company bought a cell with a master/slave fanuc arcmate 120ibe with 2 fronius cmt welders. could you advice how to setup communications between the welders and the fanuc controllers. Any help you could provide would be helpful.

Advertising from our partners