ABB2400 error

• Hello every body
    Pls help me I am in an emergency situation
    Today after we turned on our robot 2400 abb we found this error on the teach pendant:
    from S4C+ user guide
    50242: Unsync due to CFG data
    - Mismatch between controller
    and cfg data for joint %s (calibration
    offset or calibration position),
    or
    - Valid flags for calibration offset
    or commutation offset not true in
    cfg.
    Check:
    - Update measurement system:
    - Update revolution counter.
    - Recalibrate joint.
    - Change cfg data.
    We have checked all wires and tried to update the revolution counter but we couldn't do it
    Then we tried cold start which leads to no change
    Right know I am so confused,pls help me to solve it ,thx a lot

• What happend when you update revoluation counter??
    Maybe your SMB Unit has some problem if you have another smb unit please check with that and also please check socket of smb because sometimes pins of smb socket has broken

All things are difficult before they are easy. <br />Thomas Fuller

www.hitegro.com

• Thx a lot for or reply
    When we try to update it nothings happens and after a warm start we have that same error for all of the motors
    Right now we are changing the smb but could u tell me what does the ``change cfg data`` means

• We have changed the smb with a news one which was replaced by a new model:3HAC046277-001
    But the error still exist then we changed smb with the one we had on our other robot
    So it worked

• We replaced it with the replaced new smb but didn't work then we replaced it with the old one that we took from our other robot then it worked.its surprising ,does the new smb different from the old ones?
    What should I do now?even when I buy a new smb I cant use it,
    Pls help me I am so confused

• It is really strange actually because I had smb problem with one of my old robot and then I bought new type of smb from ABB then everything was fine. I think you should talk with your local abb, maybe new smb is also broken because new smb must work instead of old type.

All things are difficult before they are easy. <br />Thomas Fuller

www.hitegro.com

• Hi
    Something strange happened after changing another SMB problem solved,strange is that the first new smb which we bought was already damaged:O

• Not sure what controller you have but later controllers require cal offsets to be loaded into the new SMB when it is changed.
    Also when you look in the system parameters under the calibration for each motor you should see that the 'valid' flags should be yes. If 'no' you can change it to yes but make sure the cal offsets are correct first.

You should call ABB when you fit this new SMB and go discuss the errors as it could be possible the boards are not faulty (faulty boards will generally generate hardware errors not configuration errors).

http://www.robot-forum.com/rob…tween-controller-and-cfg/

BR<br />prnuk2003

• hello all,

I'm having similar issues with irb 6600 m2000

With mismatch arm. The arm is irb 6600 m2000 irb 6600-175/2.8. I can't find in the menus how ro clear cabinet data /smb and get the new smb from different robot. Controller and arm are same type irb6600 m2000 but with different serial #s

I was able to do calibration after pressing ok once error came up once powered up

50242: Unsync due to CFG data

- Mismatch between controller

and cfg data for joint %s (calibration

but arm is no engaging motors ON in teach mode/auto

-how can I clear smb data and add new arm smb data?

- if i only need to do calibration as i did why motors dont turn on to jog arm? ( calibration was done as robot came in is not on the calibration marks need to move arm to calibration marks to do permanent calibration once smb issue is resolved error 50242)

Thanks in advance

Advertising from our partners