Remote VNC connection to a KRC4 system

• Hello all,

I need to be able to remotely connect to the new KRC4 robot using VNC in a way I can see the SMARTPAD display and an external one that shows the same than the SMARTPAD.

When I've tried to install RealVNC into the robot I've been able to see a message telling me that I can't install the mirror driver through a RDC...

Has somebody get it to work?

Is it possible to have a remote connection to a KRC4 and at the same time see the same on the SMARTPAD? If it is possible, what should I do?

Thank you all!

• The only way I know of that you can use the SmartPad and remotely view is Kuka Remote Virtual Pendant, which you will need to buy.
    The other methods affect SPOC :frowning_face:

Sent with my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

• you can try UltraVNC

I have tested @ks8.2.26

KUKA Conntroller : _________<br />KSS Software : ____________ <br />Robot Model: _____________

• Does that work even if the SmartPad is connected?

yes,works

but I have not tested it if the SmartPad is disconnected

KUKA Conntroller : _________<br />KSS Software : ____________ <br />Robot Model: _____________

Edited once, last by irobot ().

• i'm using a plain remote desktop connection,
    just locate the KLIconfig.xml file and edit the line relative to the port 3389 from this:

Code
    <NATRule>rdr [GlobalNatInterface] [addr] port 3389 -&gt; [host:WINDOWS] port 3389 tcp proxy RemoteIP</NATRule>

to this

Code
    <NATRule>rdr [GlobalNatInterface] [addr] port 3389 -&gt; [host:WINDOWS] port 3389 tcp</NATRule>

username: kukauser
    password: 68kuka1secpw59

it works on KRC4 for me

diglo

Edited once, last by diglo ().

• Hello diglo,

This is very interesting. I currently use VNC, but I would like to try this.
    On your PC, you use the remote desktop connection provided by Windows ?
    About the password/user, are they some you define on the KRC4 windows part ?

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Alex

• - once the connection has been established, smartpad goes blank. to regain access to the smartpad, turn the keyswitch, select the robot and then the mode T!/T2/EXT/AUT
    - user/password are default ones and cannot be changed
    - to initiate the connection, just put the KRC IP address in the field of the remote desktop connection dialog
    - yes you don't need to install anything, it's all embedded in windows!

diglo

• Hi Guys!!!

I am trying to access D Drive(shared) on KRC4 controller (KSS 8.2.22) on my laptop via Ethernet. I have correctly configured the IP addresses and could see smartpad using VNC.

I want to copy some data from my laptop to controller and vice versa but when I try it is asking me for username and password. I do not know the username and password.

Please tell the username and password as it would be very helpful for everyone.

Advertising from our partners