Remote VNC connection to a KRC4 system

• You have 2 ways to set up remote connection via KLI interface:

- Use 3-rd party VNC or kuka option-Remotesupportview;

-Upgrate your system to KSS 8.5;

Any free 3rd party VNC suggestions?
    I see that the op of this thread said RealVNC doesn't work.

Then someones said UltraVNC works, but on a later post someone said it doesn't work.

And if a VNC server is running in the background, would this impact the controller in anyway? ie slowdowns?

regarding KSS 8.5, previously Mackavie said they got RDP working on 8.3.9, so in theory 8.3 also supports RDP over KLI?

...I have successfully connected with RDP on a single KRC4 v8.3.9 on a network using the KLI interface......

• Any free 3rd party VNC suggestions?
    I see that the op of this thread said RealVNC doesn't work.

Then someones said UltraVNC works, but on a later post someone said it doesn't work.

And if a VNC server is running in the background, would this impact the controller in anyway? ie slowdowns?

regarding KSS 8.5, previously Mackavie said they got RDP working on 8.3.9, so in theory 8.3 also supports RDP over KLI?

UltraVNC is a free 3rd party software that can work well . With what you mentioned RDP working on 8.3.9, i'm not sure and i only tested it once ,because usually i have taken use of VNC since KRC2 .

• Hello, s2007.ravi

I actually did the D and C drive and can access it via network. Here are the steps:

1. Minimize the Pendent.

2. Go to File Explorer

3. Right click on the drive you want and go to properties.

4. In properties set the driver for sharing.

5. Go to your computer(on the same network) and open file explorer

6. Right click on a blank part of the file explorer and click add network location.

7.When you go through the process, there will be a point where it will ask for "Internet or network address" you would set it up like: "\\192.168.#.#\(c or d).

8. the computer should find it and then it will ask for username and password.

8a. UserName: KukaUser, Password: 68kuka1secpw59.(I use KRC4, 8.3.34)

if this is not correct just google it, that worked for me to find out the password, the user name is what the user is on the computer when you minimize the pendent and look at user accounts.

NOTE: anything you delete on your side will get removed on robot side!!! Also the C drive is what your looking for when adding programs or taking them away, or even log data.

I hope this helped:smiling_face::smiling_face::smiling_face::smiling_face:

• No, that's a required safety feature -- SPOC, Single Point Of Control. Since anyone holding the pendant could be within physical reach of the robot, allowing anyone to start remotely operating the robot without the knowledge and permission of the person holding the pendant is verboten.

• We used VNC in Kuka krc2 to see the screen and it works. we use WiFi to see the screen with the laptop. maybe in KRC4 is the same method. CNTRL+ESC go to Windows and install VNC. Use a designated IP to see the screen with a router or switch is more easy.

• We used VNC in Kuka krc2 to see the screen and it works. we use WiFi to see the screen with the laptop. maybe in KRC4 is the same method. CNTRL+ESC go to Windows and install VNC. Use a designated IP to see the screen with a router or switch is more easy.

You have noticed the post you are quoting is from 2014, right?

In KRC2 you are VNCing against the main computer and it works easily, KRC4 otherwise uses RDP to connect the SmartPad (which is a standalone computer) to the KRC4 cabinet controller. Therefore you must specify the desktop you want to connect to (check other messages somewhere in this thread I explain how I solved it).

Anyway it was solved 7 years ago.

:face_with_tongue:

Thanks for your post though.

• Hello Guys, Thanks for all of you provide information about this topic, I succeed on 8.3 for UltraVNC solution and tomorrow I'm going to test it on 8.6.9 also. This will save me lot of effort to run downstairs for just clicking the confirm buttons on KUKA smartpad. (If you do this 100 times a day you feel tired)

Thanks for Connor1580 who shared installation package with detail guide pictures inside.

Thanks for CycleNorth share the guidance document. that's really detail.

Thanks for samad35 shared the way to mapping kuka drives to local laptop which I never tried to do that, that's works good.

And as Necross said uncheck 2 options could make it work on 8.6, I will follow that tomorrow.
    :smiling_face:

Advertising from our partners