Remote VNC connection to a KRC4 system

• Yes but only with Virtual Remote Pendant which you can buy from Kuka

Sent with my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Actually it IS possible to run programs remotely only if we're in Automatic mode.

I have succeded in starting program, stopping a program, modifying the program override speed.

This is great i no longer need the SmartPad.

• Old thread I know, however I have a question.

I have successfully connected with RDP on a single KRC4 v8.3.9 on a network using the KLI interface. I now have a line where I have 3 different robots with 3 different IP addresses. I cannot connect to any of them with RDP. I can connect to all of them with WOV and can upload and deploy with no problems.

IPs 192.168.1.X
    mask is 255.255.255.0

computer ip 192.168.1.x

Question is, is it possible to be able to connect to different robots that are on the same network with RDP via KLI, or am I wasting my time trying?

Thanks!

• Hello

Been trying to set this rdc up with KSS v8.3.17 but with no luck following the KLIconfig.xml change detailed previously and cold boot with reload files. Are there any other steps required? (Win8.1)

Cheers

M

• Having finally had some time to try this i still cannot get it to work. UltraVNC installs ok to the kuka. The server starts up and reports 192.168.0.1 as its address on the pad.
    Ive turned off the firewall on both kuka and pc. Started the viewer using 192.168.0.1 for the target and set the PC mask to 255.255.0.0. (as my KLI is 192.168.1.x) the viewer cannot find the server. Could it be the default port 5900 being used for something else? and needs to changed. if so any ideas on which could be free?

KSS 8.3.14

Cheers

M

• You are missing one point: there's not enough to specify the IP address, you need to specify the desktop towards you want to make the connection...

In my case it was 10.

192.168.0.1:10

In older windows versions the desktop was 0 (the main instance) in newer OS versions you could need to specify it (this happens with KUKA).

Hope this helps.

• Hi All

I am trying to connect to the Kuka KRC4 using remote desktop, but I still cannot seem to connect.

The steps Ive taken so far:

1. Changed the KLICONFIG file as sugested in previous posts.
    2. Cold start the Robot
    3. Connected the Network cable to the port on the door of the Controller
    3. Open remote desktop on my laptop
    4. Entered the IP

My questions:

a) Which IP Address do I use? Is it the one displayed in windows embeded or the one found under STARTUP>SERVICE>NETWORK CONFIGURATION

b) When I enter the IP address into remote desktop on my laptop, do I add a port number as well eg: 192.168.1.1:10

c) Is there any admin setup I need to do on windows embeded on the robot, for example "Allow remote desktop connections"

I am not sure what I have missed.

Thanks

Max

• did you use network cable?
    was it correct type of network cable?
    did you confirm that this network cable works with other devices?
    did you connect it to correct ports?
    did you power up controller?
    did you check controller network settings?
    are both sides in same subnet?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I'm trying to remote desktop into the controller, but I'm having no luck after trying everything that's previously mentioned
    I can access \\172.31.1.147 in file explorer no problem, i can see d drive, roboter and other folders I've shared.

but when i try to remote desktop, it tells me "can't connect to the remote computer"
    any help is appreciated.

..What i've done tried..

1.Set computer to correct IP and subnet
    2.edit KLiconfig.xml

3.cold reboot controller

4.Tried remote desktop connection to the following addresses using kukauser / 68kuka1secpw59:

Code
    172.31.1.147:10
    172.31.1.147:3389

I'm on KRC4 KSS 8.3.33

• I have no good luck to connect remote desktop into KSS 8.3/8.2 controller by KLI interface ,but i could do it with KSS 8.3/8.2 controller via X47 port of CIB board (Robot IP: 192.168.0.1 and no need any settings in robot side) .As far as i know, since KSS8.5, KLI interface is allowed to use for remote desktop.

• so is there any settings you need to set on the computer side?

Just tried X47 and X43, neither of them worked for me.

With the remote conenction into robot controller, you have no need doing any settings in robot controller, but you have to configure your IP address of Network(Same range : IP 192.168.0.100,Subnet:255.255.255).Be careful and enjoy it!!

• ...configure your IP address of Network(Same range : IP 192.168.0.100,Subnet:255.255.255).Be careful and enjoy it!!

My subnet is 255.255.0.0 instead, but yea, this totally works thanks!

UPDATE:

Previously I have folder sharing set up wirelessly over KLI (KRC4 share folder wirelessly)

switching over to port X47, the router DHCP server has to be limited to 192.168.0.2~192.168.0.254
    since anything outside of 192.168.0.X would not be in the same IP range, therefore cannot communicate with the controller.

Edited 2 times, last by evo85210 ().

Advertising from our partners