remote control

• Hello All,

I heard from one of my friend that it is possible to control the robot remotely. how can we control the robot remotely, like via internet connection? which options should we ask kuka for?

Thanks

//kutalp

• Jogging? I doubt it, but you can remotely use the SmartPad.

You can use the Kuka Virtual Remote Pendant, but you have to buy that from Kuka.

Also you can use normal Windows RDC, but there are a few conditions.

1. The local SmartPad must not be connected to the controller, either disconnected from communicating or physically removed.
    2. Also you need to set it up by finding KRC\ROBOTER\Config\User\Common\KLiconfig.xml, change a rule to <NATRule>rdr [GlobalNatInterface] [addr] port 3389 -&gt; [host:WINDOWS] port 3389 tcp</NATRule> then cold reboot and reload files.

• I've heard of people using joysticks to remotely move a robot manipulator (with force feedback!) I think they used Force Torque control, but I don't really know.

I've seen an application like that, but it was not remote -- the joystick was mounted directly to the end effector. It allowed a programmer to teach points by "feel", rather than by jogging via the pendant.

Something like what you describe could probably be created, using FTC and sufficiently high-speed Ethernet. But FTC requires hard-realtime data rates. Any packet delays, such as internet connections are constantly having, would fault the FTC operation.

• I've seen it working across internet connections, this year, I was at the 40 years KUKA celebration in Spain and a couple of engineers from the university were demonstrating the use of a haptic to get force feedback at their hands while the robot was in a different place...

It's possible, they stripped down the method and created a complete system and talked to the robot in non standard ways.

I'm afraid this is the only I can tell, I can't give you more details.

Search "haptic kuka" in Google and you will see plenty of results.

Good luck!

• Hi,

I am trying to make a remote desktop connection to an agilus KRC4 compact and kss 8.3.14.

I have changed the KLIConfig file, but I still can't make a connection.

Does having the compact krc4 controller make a difference?

thanks

• Hello everyone,

although it is an old topic I have one question that is quite similar. I programmed a robot for one company and now I should work on maintaining that robot. So I'm

wondering how I can connect to that robot via HMI remote so I don't have to

physically go to that company when something happens to the robot. It is a KUKA

robot krc4.

• VRP might not be the solution for off-site support -- it's intended for local LAN use. KUKA offers an option called RemoteSupport which is supposed to be intended for this kind of thing. I've never used it, so can't speak to its efficacy.

Advertising from our partners