CAN OPEN CONNECTING TO KRC4

• Dear all,

I need your help to find solution (If it possible and how to configure )
    to connect CAN OPEN MASTER/Slave Module ) EL6751 (of Beckhoff
    to remote IO in KRC4 controller ( EK1100).

i using kss 8.3.2

thanks in advance

• You must use workvisual, which is the configuration software for KUKA controllers. If you have not installed it you can find it on the d drive on the controller.
    Check the help file and documention on how to do this, and come back if you can't figure it out.

• You must use workvisual, which is the configuration software for KUKA controllers. If you have not installed it you can find it on the d drive on the controller.
    Check the help file and documention on how to do this, and come back if you can't figure it out.

Dear Friend,
    i working with workvisual :smiling_face:
    i will check if the documention on d drive as you told.
    but as i understand from you, it can be done ? they will talk with each other?

• Irobot,

i didn't found it on D drive, where should i look it for?
    i need a manual or pdf file for connection of it.
    i will add it to the workvisual, so i can configure it as i understand from you.

zeev

• It is not on D: of the controller, WorkVisual comes on its own CD.
    Since your KSS is 8.3, you must have WorkVisual 3.0.x (for example I am using 3.0.9)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Since your KSS is 8.3, you must have WorkVisual 3.0.x (for example I am using 3.0.9)

my honest mistake, it's KSS 8.2.22, but i using WOV 3.09.
    on smartpad i getting error, and when i try to scan typologhy, i encoutring error, i try to choose manauly the DTM for EL6731 SLAVE , but it's giving me error.
    any help will be appricated.

• did you try reading those messages? do you understand what they tell? you need to ensure your slave uses correct size of inputs and outputs. after that you still have to map them to robot i/o

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• did you try reading those messages? do you understand what they tell? you need to ensure your slave uses correct size of inputs and outputs. after that you still have to map them to robot i/o

i understand that there is some configuration error, i also from reading posts in the forum, that the configuration and map is done with WOV.
    since it's the first time i need to handle this situation, taking the robot out of it's wooden box, i facing a new challenge.

i want to configure the robot beckOff el-6731-010 in slave mode.
    where i need to look it up?

• I have not used that particular unit but I did have quite few profibus or devicenet master and slave modules. beckhoff names master and slave same way, but slave has the appendix (-0010 for example).

In a nutshell:
    1. driver/bus configuration: you need to decide how many I/O you want shared between robot and whatever the other device is (master, such as PLC or another robot or whatever). regardless who is master and who is slave, I/O sizes must match on both ends. for example if the robot is master, often slaves have fixed I/O sizes (simple digital I/O etc.). whatever the sizes are, you must match that on the robot side - if slave expects 5 bytes worth of inputs and 23 bytes worth of outputs, then robot must have exactly the same size configured on its end. if robot is slave, you can choose how many I/O you want to expose (share with master) but the sizes still must match on both sides. as long as this is satisfied, drivers are happy and you will not see those error messages.
    2. I/O mapping: once you have completed previous step you should also perform mapping. mapping associates physical I/O point with robot I/O. Robot can use 4096 inputs and 4096 outputs (that is default setting but using WorkVisual it can be doubled to 8192 I/O points). Robot can use only those logical I/O points. When you add some peripheries (physical I/O or devices such as VFDs, welders, PLCs, other robots etc.) to one of the robots networks, you also need to tell robot which of 4096 or 8192 inputs and outputs correspond to signals of each of those peripheries. when mapping I/O, leave left pane for example on KRC tab and change right pane to Fieldbus tab. then look at the bottom of the screen for number of signals selected on both sides, they need to match before you connect them (green icon in the middle of the screen bottom).

old versions of the work visual had very little info about its use. since you use work visual 3.0.x, read online help, it shows you how to do this...
    3. deploying project to the robot.

3) read 1 and 2

• Great,

i love to read your posts as they allways clearing up something :respect:

regarding the configuretion, where i can configure the I/O amount? in the robot or with the WOV. i understand now what i need to do, still don't know the way to do it

and again, thank you for the time effort and the help

my apologies, this is not entirely correct. while every robot I worked on had media kit with WoV on CD though copy may be placed on D: of the robot.

3) read 1 and 2

• yep, i have the media cd, and also found the install on d: drive :smiling_face:
    still didn't not figure out what is worng, can not configure the robot, and didn't find where i need to change the values :wallbash:

what i doning wrong now?

well, spelling comes to mind but there are other things too, like failure to mention any usable details (WoV version, how did you obtain project that you get error with, steps you do, what type of safety interface you have selected, how is it configured, and so on). you should steer clear from idea of creating WoV project from scratch, just get working project from robot, save it, save it as new version (change file name by "-v2" for example), modify it and then compile/deploy.

3) read 1 and 2

• for what it is worth, according to a list I was given, the EL 6751 is currently unsupported by WoV. Many of the gateways are unsupported, with the exception of EL6752, EL6692, EL 6731 (there are others); notably any ethernet bridge, serial interface, etc. are not supported. You can also see this by the fact that they simply won't show up when you try to import the device description.

Advertising from our partners