Comment tool based on comment tool

• Hi all,

This is a free tool for commenting I/O and registers for Fanuc robots, which is based on comment tool of official web server.

Download -> http://linuxsand.info/fanuc_tools/fanuc_comment_tool.html

Release log:

- 2019-mar-06, SPACE (' ') in comment text will not be '+' any more
    - 2018-jul-06, you can comment position registers and flags now :icon_smile:
    - 2016-sep-21, you can comment registers and group I/O now
    - 2016-sep-18, comments can include Japanese or Chinese characters (as long as your controller supports)
    - 2014-aug, first version (Python scripts)

Requirements: Microsoft .NET Framework >= 2.0

Configuration:

1. Set controller's IP first: menu - setup - host comm - TCP/IP - Port#1 IP addr
    2. Restart robot controller to make IP setting valid check reply 4, thanks to K-Sky
    3. Unlock karel: host comm - HTTP - line2 (KAREL:*) - F3 (UNLOCK)
    4. Config IP for your PC, make sure it is in the same network with robot controller

Note: Reply 1 to 3 was posted when this tool was written in Python. Later on, it has been rewritten in C# .NET.

Screenshot:

http://media.linuxsand.info/image/comment-tool-csharp.jpg

• Hello,
    I've already tried.
    Backup works but update does not work. The program ends without message :icon_frown:

• Hello,
    I've already tried.
    Backup works but update does not work. The program ends without message :icon_frown:

Hi, I figured it out. The encoding of the old config.txt file is utf-8, because I commented with some chinese words in the last update.

I already removed those chinese comments and converted the file encoding from utf-8 to ansi. The attachment is updated too (the original url is still valid).

• Just wanted to add in my experience you don't need to restart the robot as you have in Step 2. You can just press next and then press F3, INIT, and then you will get a popup window with the standard YES/NO options. Ive tried looking back through the manuals to see where I learned this from, but cannot find these steps in the Fanuc manuals, but I know it works. Plus its a lot quicker than having to cycle power. I mostly work with brand new robots so maybe the INIT option hasn't been around long, but just wanted to offer this option.

• Just wanted to add in my experience you don't need to restart the robot as you have in Step 2. You can just press next and then press F3, INIT, and then you will get a popup window with the standard YES/NO options. Ive tried looking back through the manuals to see where I learned this from, but cannot find these steps in the Fanuc manuals, but I know it works. Plus its a lot quicker than having to cycle power. I mostly work with brand new robots so maybe the INIT option hasn't been around long, but just wanted to offer this option.

Thank you, useful one

• Just realized I never came back here and posted a big thanks to Linuxsand for creating and sharing this tool. It has been a HUGE time-saver for me. I had a few minor issues using it at first, but Linuxsand always quickly responded and helped me out and got me going. I have recommended this tool several times now in response to other peoples threads about adding I/O comments and will continue to do so, its a super helpful tool. I cant imagine going back now and adding comments in one at a time by hand on the pendant. I see other people have mentioned using Karel for adding comments, but this works just fine for me(plus I know very little about Karel).

Advertising from our partners