kuka krc2 TRACC TCP teaching?

• Hi friend, I saw your RobotForum thread talking about TRACC TCP. I have a similar problem. I'm trying to calibrate TCP using a laser fork sensor, I connected it to the Fast measuremet plug and use the official kuka software. I follow all the instructions according and try to calibrate a cylindrical tool (not a welding wire). but the result is worse than the classic manual 4-point calibration. Please tell me how to use TRACC TCP correctly?

• read pinned topic READ FIRST.

you are not stating software versions (KSS and TRACC), steps you did, etc.

are we supposed to guess somehow?

is your sensor wired correctly? did you activate fast measurement inputs in WoV? did you check $MEAS_PULSE[]? which bits get set when sensor is triggered? i never used it myself but if i recall it should be two bits set such as 'B000011' or 'B00110000'.

also for this to work correctly in need to be setup correctly.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello, I need some information about the Tracc Tcp system on kuka robots.

two topics:

I have measured and introduced the tool (torch) to the robot system and created a program that is called from Plc so that the robot can measure. everything is ok if tcp check is ok. what if not ok? I know that then the operator has to decide whether to calibrate and then he will see deviations. But what if it confirms to use the new tcp? Will this affect the robot's trajectory? Will the trajectory adjust itself to the new TCP? It is very important because on this robot precise things are welded.

• The robot will always move the TCP to the programmed point. If the TCP is changed, the "new" TCP will move to the same point in space. So the robot's Cartesian position will be the same, but the joint values will be different, to compensate for the difference between the "old" and "new" TCP values.

The simple example is if someone changes the way a tool is mounted to the A6 flange. Simply re-teaching or re-measuring the new TCP will allow the original programs to run without any issues, unless the difference between TCPs is so large as to drive the robot into an axis limit, or some similar limitation.

• Wcześniejsze

The robot will always move the TCP to the programmed point. If the TCP is changed, the "new" TCP will move to the same point in space. So the robot's Cartesian position will be the same, but the joint values will be different, to compensate for the difference between the "old" and "new" TCP values.

The simple example is if someone changes the way a tool is mounted to the A6 flange. Simply re-teaching or re-measuring the new TCP will allow the original programs to run without any issues, unless the difference between TCPs is so large as to drive the robot into an axis limit, or some similar limitation.

So, if I understood correctly - Tracc Tcp measuring system after measuring the tool and accepting the data by the operator, it will seem to shift the coordinate system of the tool. Can something like this happen: - for example, the torch nozzle will not be screwed on properly or there will be dirt on the nozzle from welding then, losing tcp, it will measure such a tool and it will introduce a measurement error. Do I understand correctly that if the operator confirms such data, then tcp will be wrongly measured?

Advertising from our partners