am new to VW standard

• Hi,
    I have programmed normal kuka robot but this is my first project in VW KUKA. When I saw in the progam they are using macros. Do anyone have have Robot programming standard for VW or audi :help:. or can anyone give a brief description the difference between the normal kuka programming and VW robot programming. Thank you :merci:

• Hi, knowledgesharing.

VKR (Volkswagen KUKA Robot) use a dialect of KRL, called VKRL. The VKRL is simpler than regular KRL and sometimes this isn't exactly an advantage.

The programing structure is rigid, and is divided this way.

Cell.src - The main program
    Folgen - Work programs.
    UP - routines or subprograms
    Macros - functions
    VW_User - technology packages developed by VW, where is possible write regular KRL code. Normally integrators aren't allowed to modify these files.

I've posted a VSS manual sometime ago, here in the forum

http://www.robot-forum.com/rob…system-integrator-manual/

Which standard you need? The newest one is VASS. I have some documentation in german. If you want, drop me a line.

• I was notified today i have to go in to do krc1 work. Im sure it should obviously be vkrc1 as it is at a VW plant.

Any documentation and standard related info would be much appreciated. I dont know exactly what VW standard they will be using on this "what i assume vkrc1".

I have never worked on KRC1/VKRC1 only on KRC2 years back and alot of KRC4's

ryno.nmmu@gmail.com

Thank you

• rhino , vkrc1 is was released decades before VASS. At that time, VW standards where more simple, and they normally changed from plant to plant, and from project from project. I think I have some VKRC1 docs, but they are in German. I will search for them and upload it somewhere.

And, as a side note, some VW plants have regular KRCs on some special cells. So, the chances are low, but this robot can really be an KRC1.

• rhino , vkrc1 is was released decades before VASS. At that time, VW standards where more simple, and they normally changed from plant to plant, and from project from project. I think I have some VKRC1 docs, but they are in German. I will search for them and upload it somewhere.

And, as a side note, some VW plants have regular KRCs on some special cells. So, the chances are low, but this robot can really be an KRC1.

Hi, thank you

2nd day on site here. Busy on a vkrc2.there is vkrc1 here but have bot moved over to that side yet.

I have done alot of first commissioning for vw on vkrc4 which is same as first commissioning for any other krc4 ofcoarse

The vkrc2 is not bad at all to get used coming from krc4.

It takes a bit of getting used to though to get the handle of the vw standard with the makros etc.But not bad.

German language makes it a little tough. I have received alot of tools and documents regarding the current vass standard used here. Need to go through that see if it helps

But so far so good👌

Advertising from our partners