External cycle start button

• Hi!
    I need to put my R-30iA mate controler away from operator, so I need to have some external buttons for cycle start and reset. How can i connect those?

greetings :winking_face:

• No need to bind DI to UI. Simply configure your input card so that the input will be configured as UI. Use the function with user operator panel and you will have everything you need.

• I don't remember how exactly is crma58 configured, but let say DI[101] is rack 65 slot 1. All you should do is to remove this config from DI and put it to UI config. Then your input from crma is joined with some UI. Does it make sense? I can take a look at config tomorrow If you will need help. Or maybe someone else can explain it better.
    Tomas

• Is it possible to use only a few DI's as UIs? I mean, can you use only i. e. CYCLE START and FAULT RESET mapped to DI[1] and DI[2]?

As far as I know, even when mapping a single UOP signal to a rack, slot and start pt, the controller maps the whole UOP signal set...

• Hi! Thanks for help.
    I've managed to set my UOP start signal[UI6] to [DI 101].On config menu it should be:

[UI 6 - 6] [48] [1] [1]

But...
    On I/O monitor I see on/off blinking on that UI input when I'm pressing this button, but in Auto mode nothing is happening. Not even a error code is shown. It just wont start the robot. Anyone knows why?
    thanks

Edited once, last by rivalion ().

• I have no idea how much you know about UOP, so I will try to describe it in more detail:

1) You should have UOP signals enabled (MENU/SYSTEM/CONFIG/Enable UI signals - True
    2) Remote / Local setup must be set to Remote ((MENU/SYSTEM/CONFIG/Remote / Local setup - Remote) or controlled by input
    3) UI signal 1,2.3 and 8 must be ON (IMSTP, HOLD, SFSPD, Enable)
    4) MENU/SETUP/PROG Select - RSR/PNS/STYLE... Setup of remote start system

Steps 1-3 makes remote start possible. Step 4 defines method which will be used for remote start:
    RSR (Robot service request) - one signal is dedicated for each of RSR inputs and starts specified RSR program
    PNS (Program number select) - set of binary inputs (PNS1-PNS8) is translated to decimal number and PNS with corresponding decimal number is started
    Style - each Style signal has predefined name of program which will be started
    Other - one program specified in variable $shell_wrk.$cust_name is started when UI[6] is On

Depending on program select and program start option you must use appropriate UI signals. (RSR, PNS+PNSTROBE+PRODSTART and so on)

Tomas

Advertising from our partners