Trouble adding I/O to the Process I/O Board through CRM2A

• Hello all!

I'm a Fanuc Greenhorn and need to add some push buttons and lights to a R-J3 controller. The process I/O board has a CRM2A port which I believe is the port I need. I bought the connector and soldered it to the pins I think I need. Keeping in mind I'm going off a European manual and am not sure it is the same as the model I have. I'm pretty sure it is correct judging from post I've read off this site. I'm not getting any response from the I/O screen when I flag my I/O. I'm looking in the UOP screen.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Place your Ad here!
  • I found my I/O under the Digital I/O. Can anyone give me some insight into how I interconnect my Di to Si. I don't see an option for this under interconnect.
    What I'm trying to accomplish is have a peripheral push button turn on my Cycle Start.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• It sounds as though you'll want to configure UOP (UI and UO) for your start signal. Start appears to be CRM-2A-pin 6. You'll also need to enable UOP signals by pressing MENU, 0 next page, SYSTEM, F1, CONFIG, go to item 7 Enable UI and set to true. As for the config page for i/o press MENU, I/O, F1, UOP, F2 config. I'm a little rusty on process I/O, but usually you set up about 18 inputs and 20 outputs dedicated to UOP. The rack# is usually 0, slot # is usually 1, start point 1.