kuka KR C4 power supply failure

• I have a kuka kr 6 r 900 robot with a kr c4 compact controller. It has an error , workspace monitoring functions deactivated ( mastering error). Power supply network failure and charging of intermediate circuit failure. Everything external works,just the robot has no power. Could anyone tell me where the 16 amp fuses are located. the manual talk about them but does not show location. scott

Notify

Remove

• Main power supply and servo drive is on the bottom part.
    You will have to remove 4 bigger screws across a back and two bottom screws on the handle (each side) and slide the top portion off to get to the bottom part. there is bunch of cables to be disconnected too.

However I do not remember seeing any fuses on a bottom part.
    Did you see any fuses on electrical schematics ?

• Yes did split modules and checked all fused on the top but like you, i found no fuses on bottom. I have main power going to the controller. will see if we have a electrical schematic, Thank you for your input

• Just to make sure. You have single phase 220V (20amps) coming in?

In US this is not so common and people tries to plug 110V :smiling_face:

--

Power supply on top portion is only for 27V (low voltage power supply)
    All fuses are located on the board attached to top door. They have red LEDs in case of failure.

There is also K1 inline filter for main power build in to power connector.

Just throwing some ideas :smiling_face:

• Well, it is worth checking if the volatge is actually 220V

Right after main on/off switch there is a terminal block where voltage splits in two directions (Main power supply and low voltage power supply) Check if you do have 220V there.

--
    Check power connection cable between KRC4compact and your Robot. These tend to brake loose and not making good connection on one or the other end.

--
    Did it ever work and problem poped up later?
    Or this first time try to run it?

• The robot ran fine when we received it. was letting a person practicing his programing on it. Went to check on the machine a couple of days latter and it would not run. As for the power, its fed by 120vac to a stepup transformer to 230vac. I have been working with the engineer who integrated it ,he is stumped also and is contacting Kuka. when this is all through i'll leave information on what was wrong. I'd like to thank you for your help. this was the first time I have used this and find a very helpful forum

• The robot ran fine when we received it. was letting a person practicing his programing on it. Went to check on the machine a couple of days latter and it would not run. As for the power, its fed by 120vac to a stepup transformer to 230vac. I have been working with the engineer who integrated it ,he is stumped also and is contacting Kuka. when this is all through i'll leave information on what was wrong. I'd like to thank you for your help. this was the first time I have used this and find a very helpful forum

Did you ever reach a solution?

Advertising from our partners