KRC4 - X11

• hope this helps..

EDIT (Jan 2016)

A lot of people got confused with "Euro vs. NA" versions. They are the same thing (read the drawings). The only difference is that NA edition has standard pin-out for on-cabinet estop.
    Also if you have hardware safety interface (X11 or X11/X13) and later decide to replace them with Ethernet safety (CIP safety or ProfiSafe for example), make sure to unplug X48 from CCU so SION-SIB board(s) are not seen by controller and please put X311 jumper plug on CCU (or connect External Enabling switch, or jumper it)

• Just noticed this!

Actually the North American version is identical to the EU version. I think the cabinet estop must be optional, well I hope it is as we've just got 13 which haven't got one!!

Is it physically on the top left of the cabinet as there is a blanking plug there.

• Yes, they are the same at least as rest of X11 goes. North American version has (should have) built in E-Stop in the upper left corner of the cabinet. This is normally left for system integrator / end user to install. Sometimes this does not get done... (even if button is already mounted). :zwink:

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi All,

Today, I powered on fresh new KUKA robot KR360-3 with KSS 8.3.11. I found a problem that I am not able to jog the robot in T1. I can check in message pan that I have an error of Safety Stop KSS00404. I followed following procedures to debug:

1). Checked the complete wiring of X11 and found it correct. I am sure of this because we are already using the same configuration in our other projects on KRC4 controllers.
    2). I checked the safety configuration and it is as an attached screenshot.
    3). Replaced SIB board with one of the other controller which has not been powered up yet but it is also brand new.
    4). Also replaced CCU board.
    5). Tried to jog the robot in Start-up mode still I can see the error of Safety Stop KSS00404 and the drives don't get enabled on pressing deadman switch.
    6). Replaced Smartpad to see if the pad is the problem but no success.

I tested this Robot in our facility in November before shipping it to site and it was working good without any error. I have all the jobs remaining on this robot like IO config, Teaching, Tool installation as if the robot came from KUKA and we shipped it on site.

Now, I am wondering what could go wrong with the robot in shipping (checked all the connectors, wires inside the controller). KUKA guys are saying something is wrong with software. I can't guess what :wallbash:

Any recommendations? Called KUKA guy and he will come but its a weekend.

Thanks

• could be number of things... poor connections etc. (contacts inserted but not retained in the X11 plug).
    are you sure that X311 on CCU is connected? Is it wired to X11 or there are just jumpers?
    Are you sure your work visual project is correct and complete? Are you sure there is only one interface enabled (you don't have EIP - CIP safety or ProfiSafe activated)?
    Are you sure you activated it correctly (including safety configuration)? Are there any blown fuses on PMB?
    What are the other messages?

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by panic mode ().

• I somehow missed this post being very busy these days working on the robots. I lately found the problem with the robot and would like to share my experience.

The problem was the RDC board. It was showing a message of Encoder Error on Axis-2. We checked cables and all the related hardware on the robot. Lately, we found that the slot of resolver connector (Axis-2) on RDC board was faulty. We had to replace the complete RDC board as it was under warranty and then everything went fine.

• this is manuals download section and not the best place for conversations.

conversations should be in the robot forum section. please also try to use better quality images. those icons are too tiny to read any labels.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners