Overriding speed

• What is your way of overriding speed?

Now in each move instruction in program I have speed variable.

I set speed in percent in some other variable on panel and then recalculate all speed variables.

Wondering if it is a way to simply set percentage speed, in each instruction have speed constant and have everything done automaticly.

Speed override does not work for me, cause it resets to 100% after cycle, program restart etc. I also want to change speed during program execution.

• You can do that quite easily:
    - Set S2C701 from 0 to 1. This enables the speed override function.
    - Set S2C287 to an input group number (e.g. setting it to 10 will use universal inputs 00100-00107).
    - Set the speed you want in the input group you selected in binary format (or link it to a register in the CIO for easy change).

• S2C701 is for DX. The S2C287 I believe is a typo. On DX the Universal Input group number is S4C287. There are other parameters for this.

S4C288 Speed percentage (%) Signal 1
    S4C289 Speed percentage (%) Signal 2
    S4C290 Speed percentage (%) Signal 3
    S4C291 Speed percentage (%) Signal 4
    S4C292 Speed percentage (%) Signal 5
    S4C293 Speed percentage (%) Signal 6
    S4C294 Speed percentage (%) Signal 7
    S4C295 Speed percentage (%) Signal 8

Specifies the speed percentage by the Universal Input signals set in S4C287. Priority: Signal 1 > Signal 8
    If S4C288 to S4C295 are all "0", the input status 1 to 255 of the Universal Input signals (8 points) will be applied to the speed percentage 0 to 255

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• You are right. DX100 and S4C287.

I didn't know about the other parameters, but the advantage of the input group is that you can easily change the speed. Even from the robot jobs when the program is running. Or from the IF-panel, or from an external PLC, etc.

• Dear sir,

Thank you for the procedure of Speed Overide control. Today i have tried same on ES200D DX100 Robot.
    first i have set S2C701 TO 1.
    After that i set 16 to in S2C287. ( its mean universal group input 16 will be used).

I turned off the controller and again switch it on, but still no effect seen. When checking in speed adjustment it is showing previous value. so i request you to please suggest further

At the time of this the Robot is not in Auto, we are checking just simply putting teach pendant in Remote Mode.
    how to authenticate t weather its is done or not. please share your valuable feedback on this.

• You can do that quite easily:
    - Set S2C701 from 0 to 1. This enables the speed override function.
    - Set S2C287 to an input group number (e.g. setting it to 10 will use universal inputs 00100-00107).
    - Set the speed you want in the input group you selected in binary format (or link it to a register in the CIO for easy change).

Excellent, but do you know what would they be on a DX200?

• Just to add to this thread:

If arc welding, set S2C1135 = 1, this allows the air moves to run at the override speed but will not affect the welding speed. (I've tested this at 10% speed adjustment while welding 1.2mm low carbon steel). I haven't had chance to test it with a static mounted torch (external TCP) yet tho...

I also haven't tried it when using the S2C287 - group input to set the speed. Just a warning!

Also S2C709 = 1 will hold the speed override value when changing modes etc.

DX200, but guessing it is the same for DX100 (test it first on a part to be welded that has low value :toothy9:)

Hope this is useful for people!

• Hello, I come to a question to this topic if anyone is kind enough to help.

I'm trying to increase the speed of the robot from 100% to 120% for exemple, with the instructions in this topic.

I dont see a change in speed, I checked the moved time given by robot. No change between 100% and 130%

Any help.

What I did was

S2C701 FROM 0 TO 1

S3C287 FROM 0 TO 200 IG200

IN IG200 i put 130

I see the speed override on the screen when the robot is in play but no change in speed.

Thank you.

• Are your motions very short and/or involve a lot of position config changing (wrist flip, etc.)? With those types of moves, it may be that the robot is not physically/mechanically able to reach the programmed speed, thus increasing the override would yield no gain.

• Will this work for the external drives like the Gantry the robot sits on would love to make this go faster as it accounts for 75% of the robots travel time?

• You can max use the value 100, that means 100 %. If you write 130 to the IG, you get 100 %.

Be careful not to write 0, then you also get 100 % :frowning_face: , I normally make a change in the CIO , so that IG can never be less than 1.

• I have DX100 controller with two robots. Is it possible to override speed in that way for each robot seperately? It is very important for me to have them running with different speeds.

Hallo All,

How to control Override % , with one controller (YRC1000) with two robots and one positioner(R-250).

If I am changing S4C287 my IG number changing complete override. Is it possible to change for individual robot?

Advertising from our partners