$CP_PARAMGRP[1].$JNT_VEL_LIM: units?

• Does anyone know what the units are for the $CP_PARAMGRP[1].$JNT_VEL_LIM system variable array? Comparing to the joint velocity limits in the datasheet it would seem some values in the array are 4x as high as those in the datasheet (in degree/sec). Others are 2x the datasheet values.

Same question for $CP_PARAMGRP[1].$JNT_ACC_LIM.

• Anyone?

If it helps: I'm trying to determine the joint acceleration limits for a given robot. These variables are the closest I've found, although I may be wrong in assuming they tell us something about the robot in general (as opposed to some limit used by the constant path option).

• Which robot/controller?

Also what numbers are you seeing in those variables?

&quot;This is one of those industries where the tech level is very high and so are the expectations of our customers(Bosses).&quot; ---&nbsp; RacerMike123<br /><br />R2000ib-165F - R30iA

Edited once, last by Munimula ().

• Which robot/controller?

R-30iA, any robot (all in Roboguide though).

Also what numbers are you seeing in those variables?

Depends on the specific robot obviously, but for a joint with a 300deg/sec limit for instance, I see 1200 in the $CP_PARAMGRP[1].$JNT_VEL_LIM.

Problem is: it isn't always the same factor (of 4 in this case). Sometimes it seems to be 6, or 8.

• Interesting.

On my roboguide serialized from my R2000ib-165f I have the following.

Roboguide variable
    [list type=decimal]

[/list]

Fanuc advertised joint max

[list type=decimal]

[/list]

This is for my 165F. Its interesting that they don't match. But I guess setting the software higher will keep it from accidentally limiting the physical bot. Maybe RacerMike or someone can chime it. I'm intrigued here.

&quot;This is one of those industries where the tech level is very high and so are the expectations of our customers(Bosses).&quot; ---&nbsp; RacerMike123<br /><br />R2000ib-165F - R30iA

• This is for my 165F. Its interesting that they don't match. But I guess setting the software higher will keep it from accidentally limiting the physical bot. Maybe RacerMike or someone can chime it. I'm intrigued here.

I'm just wondering whether those values are only relevant to the constant path option or can be taken as data on the actual velocity and acceleration limits.

And indeed, let's hope there is someone in the know on these boards.

• Funny thing is these variables are documented in the Software Reference Manual, but no units are given:

$CP_PARAMGRP[1].$jnt_vel_lim[1-9]
    Name: Joint Velocity Limit
    Description: This variable sets the joint velocity limits for posting CPMO-095.

Same for the jnt_acc_lim and jnt_jrk_lim.

If I look up the documentation on CPMO-095, it says:

CPMO-095 Too Large Jnt Cmd (G:%d A:%d)
    Cause: The motion command exceeds joint velocity, acceleration, or jerk limits.

So they do seem to contain actual limits, just in what units is unclear.

Advertising from our partners