Motion supervision fault 50204 (something wrong in RAPID program)

• Hello,

I am quite new in robots.
    Now I am having very intresting case with fault (motion supervision 50204) controller IRC5, robot type IRB 6650 M2004.
    For explanation:
    1) In the program is write:
    toTCP, mass = 24; coordinates are the same
    "toVacuum, mass = 27,5;

Is it correct? Or the mass supposed to be the same? And what differences beetween this two comands?

Manipulator doesn't trip in same program place.

Manipulator trips only moving without load– gripper is empty.

Manipulator never tripped with load (box held in gripper).

Manipulator was tested with “Path Collision Detection” turned OFF– no trips occurred!
    How I can fix wrong load/tooldata.
    Step by step.
    Could someone help to solve this problem?

Thank you.

• It sounds like, when you tell the robot that you are not holding the part, you have not taught the robot that the gripper also has weight.

You can define a weight and center of gravity for your tool in tooldata, so that when you say you are holding nothing, you still account for the weight of the gripper.

• The problem is that the tool is already wrote in the program. And robot when he is holding nothing he knows that he has a gripper.
    The motion supervision fault is always indicated just on the axis 4. I can send you a program if it could help to solve this issue.

• So, when movements are being performed when holding nothing, there should be a tool selected (tGripper, for example). Can you View Data > Tool Data> tGripper, and verify that there is a Mass, and a COG value listed?

Another possible cause for this is that hoses wrapped round the arm are being pulled tight, and causing too much torque on axis 4 as it spins.

Advertising from our partners