error 6502 - error during reading INI file

• Place your Ad here!
  • The multi tap doesn't need any drivers or configuration, it's just a way of connecting several devicenet plugs, it's got a 24v power connection and if you look all the of the CAN lines are joined. One of the leads should go up to the MFC.

Hi Eusty, quick question: is it possible to connect multiple devicenet nodes on each multi-tap A30 connector in a daisy chain config? or should I connect only 1 node per output?
    In my case, I have a beckoff IO module in X943.3, a FESTO pneumatic valve isle in X943.2 working fine. And I want to add a WAGO IO module in X943.2.
    Is taht possible? I´m having an "error reading DevNet driver", or smth like that. Is it possible that a 20m drop line to the FESTO isle is causing some troubles?
    Thanks again!!

• X941 - 24vdc
    X942 - Diagnostic connector
    X943.1 - MFC or LPDN
    X943.2 - Branch 1
    X943.3 - Branch 2

You can connect multiple nodes to any branch.

Although there are rules about the branch and drop lines I've never had an issue, although 20m for a drop is a bit extreme. Remember the terminating resistor needs on the branch needs to be longer than the length of the drop, if you understand what I mean. I would doubt if that's the issue though, more likely a configuration problem?

• As a general rule of thumb, find the two points furthest apart (in cable length) on the DeviceNet bus and place your terminating resistors there. It's a bit strange to get used to, but the "trunk" is defined by the placement of the resistors, not by the physical branches of the cable.

• imho that is just chasing your own tail - trying to get DeviceNet working before you got robot to boot up without error messages.

But if you insist here you go:
    what is the total length of all devicenet cables in a network, and if you are using drops what is the cumulative length of all drops? what is the baud rate?

there are limits:

125kbps: total bus length max 500m, total drop length max 125m

250kbps: total bus length max 200m, total drop length max 78m

500kbps: total bus length max 100m, total drop length max 38m

max drop length is only 6m, and this is IF you are using proper thick DeviceNet cable for a trunk (drop may be thin DeviceNet cable).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi Everyone. Just to assist future members of this forum, our original problem is now fixed and the robot is operational. In the end I had to change the hard drive and reload KSS. Somehow the original owner had a 320GB drive in the unit(and I assume operational) but I could only get the unit to accept a 80GB then 120GB drive to get around the XP limit on drive size. Then with this smaller drive and a reload of KSS (from new disks) all is good.

Thank you for everyone's advise to solve this problem.