Fanuc Arcmate 100i Rj2 Controller Lincoln Power Wave 450 OVERLAYS

• Hi Everyone!
    I have to buy an overlays to the power wave 450 power source.
    I need a setup overlay and PULSE, GMAW, FCAW, AND STICK/TIG PROCESS SELECTION OVERLAY.

If somebody know where can I buy it used or maybe new, I will be very grateful!

Thank in advance for any help.

Żaneta

• Hi cunaf,
    Thank you so much for your help and tips.
    I don't know what to do, beacuse we have a problem with this power source PW450 (I can't change the welding parameters without overlays).
    The one thing what I can do is to choose one programme from memory which was saving by someone else before me. Beacuse it is an old used welding robot Arcmate 100i with controler Rj2 .

We are desperate and we think about buying some new welding source, but we don't know which model will be suitable to this controller rj2? the cable which connect controller with source is on 37 pins.

If someone know which model of newest welding source will be suitable with old fanuc arcmate 100i with controller rj2 (cable 37 pin) , I will be gratefull if could help me.

• If im not mistaken, the overlays have either reflective dots (or something like it) that trigger a few opto LED devices to tell the welder which personality to use. The overlay is just a generic label of the buttons to push for the different personality. Covering the appropriate set of dots will change to the personality you need.

• Fear not zaneta30. The PW450 and synergic 7F wire feeder are both pieces of shizer! However, the PW455M is compatible with the 37 pin CRW1 cable as long as the PW455M has a analog-digital converter box, (sold separately, contact Lincoln Electric), on it's front panel. This emulates the PW450 and the robot doesn't care. A fringe benefit is upgrading the wire feeder to a PF10-R. It is not likely that you will be able to make the R-J2 use a digital welder interface like Arclink or devicenet.

• Thank you so much for your replies and help.
    Now we know what to do :winking_face:

Cunaf one question more from my side , maybe you know what is the approximately cost of this kind of analog-digital converter box?

Thanks in advance!

• Thanks cunaf for your reply.
    Probably we will buy a new power source but now we compare an offer etc.

But I have one more question when I buy new power source with interface on 37 pins (different manufacturer than Lincoln Electric) , how can I synchronize a new power source with robot? It is enough when I enter in a controlled start on a Teach pendant and I choose -> general purpose-> mig(voltage, wire feed speed)? Or will I have to change something else?

Thanks for any help!

• I haven't had to do this in years, but yes, select General Purpose. This will alter your synergic weld schedule columns from Trim/WFS/Travel to the constant voltage style Volts\WFS\Travel.

Under IO-->Weld IO you will have to configure the analog scaling for inputs (volts) and outputs (WFS) for the given welder & feeder. The manufacturer should provide.

Also, I seem to remember having to move a jumper in the process IO PCB? Something about sinking/sourcing IO? This was like 15 years ago and I was an observer.

You can make this interface work with any power source, however Fanuc/Lincoln are the best & easiest.

• We did this years ago. Lincoln power wave I400, deluxe analog interface, and a power feed 10 R.

Was about $10,000 for all. All from Lincoln. Complete plug and play set up. everything just plug in and was very simple to get up and running quickly.

Advertising from our partners