Help me please ... FANUC Robot R-2000iB 210F first try to run ...

• Hi all

I have no any experience with robots but have many years experience in PLC, drives, servos, motors and automation.

I have a FANUC Robot R-2000iB 210F here with TEACH PENDANT A05B-2518-C370#SGL, I powered it up and now I am going to do some simple jogging but I had no Idea to start from.

I hold deaman , pressed shift and pressed -X (J1). No action just this appeared:

MCTL-013 ENBL input is off

I went to Menus -> System, pressed F1 - Typed and selected Config, found Enable UI signals and set it to FALSE.

Now this alarm appears:

MCTL-003 system is in error status

Can you help me how to jog the robot in a simple step by step instruction? I am relay keen on having a simple step toward!

Any help and advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. If, after activating the deadman switch, the message line in the top right corner is not clear, the robot is still in fault, and you have to press Reset (without releasing the deadman switch). Do not, however, press Shift+Reset.
    Set the system variable $DMAURST to TRUE. The deadman switch will reset faults automatically.
    2. The safety circuits must be properly connected.
    3. You must hear the robot contactor engaged after activating the deadman switch.
    Otherwise do not even try to jog,- the robot is not powered up.
    I hope you depress the deadman switch as required, half way.
    4. Open the faults history in the alarm menu. You may see there a more informative message, than just an "error state".

• Thanks Sergei

I can reset the error by pressing shift+reset.
    When I depress deadman + shift the error will be reset and I can hear a contractor activating.
    But after reset the error , again when I depress the deadman + shift + jog the error massages appears with no contractor activating sound

Can you tell me more about safety circuits? I have no idea about it.
    There are two cables that I connected them to the robot ant to the control box so how I can be sure the robot is powered or not?

Thanks again

• I currently have the same issue. 'mctl-003 system is in error status'

We've been addeding into the safety circuit. but we've wired the same way on 4 robots. only one robot is giving us this problem. any advice on how to trouble shoot?

Thanks,

• mhmm, if the error is gone , why release you the dead man? the first procedure is correct, press dead man, Shift+reset, the error disappear, but you must keep the dead man pressed, if you release the dead man you must reset the error again.

• What does this error mean? (besides the obvious) Why does it generate? Does anyone have an alarm manual with this code in it?

What happens if doing the above does not reset this alarm?

Many thanks!

Advertising from our partners