Tool adjust problem: Robot not at reference position problem on three robots

• Hello all. I am working on a project that consists of four Fanuc RJ3I robots. I have been trying to set up the tool adjust manual function for the customer so that they can have an easier time touching up points in the event of a robot crash. I have been following the manual step by step. I make a program called MOV_REF1, I make it move to my reference position, and I record the reference position to a position register using LPOS after it reaches the point. However, I run into an issue when I try to actually run the tool adjust manual function. The robot will move down to the reference position fine, but when I try to move on to the next step, it says that the robot is not at the reference position! I get this error on 3 out of the 4 robots. Only one of them works. I have verified that I have the correct PR and tool selected when I start the manual function, and I have also compare the coordinates of my position to the PR to make sure that they are the same. I have talked to Fanuc a little bit about this as well, but they have been of little help. I was wondering if anyone else has run into a similar issue, and if there is a remedy if so.

Thank you for your time on this matter. I appreciate it!

• i'm not sure i understood correctly but but if that may help you;
    When you are doing the tool adjust, you should try to call the mov_REF1 program again. Since the tool have change, your robot is no longer at the reference position.
    Or you could try this something else; i don't remember exactly where but when you set your reference position, you can define the precision you want it to be considered at the reference position. If you put 2mm, the robot won't considered it is at the reference position unless it is at less then 2mm from that defined position. put 20mm and the robot will be considered at reference position unless it isn't more then 20mm from that point.

Let me know if that helped.

• Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by calling the mov_ref1 program again. I can't even get to the point in the tool adjust manual function to change my tcp frame. I have moved to the reference position and compared it to the position register. It is to the thousandth at the exact same spot. As for adjusting the precision, the robot compares it's position to a position register, not a reference position. I know that you can set the precision of a ref position, but as far as I know, you can't adjust it for a position register. And as I said, the robot was at the same spot to the thousandth. If there is a way to set the precision, then please inform me!

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it.

• I fixed the issue. It seems to be a bug in the software. I noticed that the only robot that it worked on used UTOOL 2 instead of 1. So I just made a tool adjust program and ran it for UTOOL 2. After I did that, I reverted back to UTOOL 1 and ran the original tool adjust program for it. It worked for some reason on all three robots after I did this. Weird.

Advertising from our partners