KRC 4 External Axis

• Hello. Does any one knows what does message KSS00066 "Error in axis position from motor driver" . I think this is for E1 cause i'm trying to configure ServoGripper on KRC4 on KR180 R3200 PA robot(this robot has only(5 axis).

• Is it the only message?

check KCB connections between CCU and drives.
    make sure you have the ground connected (from robot to robot cabinet and from cabinet to building ground) then do a cold boot with reloading files.
    if all fails, you may have faulty RDC.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by panic mode ().

• Thank you for your answer. If i disable the E1 i can drive the robot OK, so the RDC should be OK, also i can see the in diagnosis monitor that increments are coming from E1 motor to RDC E1 channel. I think it's related something to configuration for E1.

Edited once, last by DannyDJ ().

• This were erros that generated when i activated the project. But i have fixed the problem. The problem was that WorkVisual stubbornly generates CFCoreWaggonDriverConfig.xml in RDC3.xml section to read E1 positions from 7 or 8 channel on RDW3 regardless what axis ID you put in for E1. From KRC2 E1 setups i know that i couldn't leave any space beetween channels on RDW2. If you had 4-axis robot, for E1 you had to connect rdw cable to 5 channel, not to 7 or 8(and also you have to define #PMCHANNELS and #DSECHANNELS in odd way because 4-axis robot)

In this case because the robot came directly from KUKA and E1 was already connected on channel 6 because it is a 5-axis palletizing robot(if you are comparing to RDW2 it's OK), so it mislead me. When i connected E1 rdw cable to channel 7 because i observed what WorkVisual generates in CFCoreWaggonDriverConfig.xml in RDC3.xml section then i just gave it what WorkVisual wanted to have(also i had to use Axis ID parameter 7 for E1 not 6).

I'm using the new WorkVisual v3.0.6
    and KRC v8.2.22 installed on the robot.

Now i'm off to optimizing the E1.

I also have to tell you if i try to optimize E1 on robot side from External Axes(not from WOV) the robot coruppts the KRCAxes.xml and NextGenDriveTech.xml in folder C:\KRC\Roboter\Config\User\Common\Mada.
    Everytime i change some parameter under the EXTERNAL AXES menu on the robot, the files KRCAxes.xml and NextGenDriveTech.xml in folder C:\KRC\Roboter\Config\User\Common\Mada gets corrupted and the I get like 10 errors. Changing the parameters from that menu puts twice the lines(duplicates the AXIS 7 ID's in those files, again i think it's due to i'm using 5-axis robot)

<Axis ID="7" Mode="StandAlone">

<StandAlone Name="E1" /> </Axis> inside KRCAxes.xml and

<Axis ID="7" SupplyChannel="1" ConfigFile="Mada/NGAxis/E1.xml" /> in NextGenDriveTech.xml

Then i have to go back in the files manually erasing the sufficient lines in those files and viola robot works again. I think it's due to a fact that it's 5-axis robot.
    I spent the hole week on this matter. :waffen100:

Edited once, last by DannyDJ ().

• Does anyone have some manual for Soft servo on KRC4. I found some little info in system variables about SET_TORQUE_LIMITS().

Are the variables from KRC2 $CURR_RED[] and $TORQUE_AXIS and $TORQ_VEL all in SET_TORQUE_LIMITS()?

Advertising from our partners