KRC2 startup errors - the robot won't move

• Hi guys,
    just powered up the robot (arrived last week) and it gives me the following errors:

1223 ackn. Undervoltage PM1
    8038 APC1 slave: bus error in slave circle
    2857 System recovery from hibernate mode
    1033 Error on reading driver: interbus
    1034 Error on writing driver: interbus
    2870 DSE boot finished

The more disturbing thing is that the screen is not showing the directory tree - it is just black on the place of the directories. I can see the window for errors and system messages, also the menus on the top - they are overlapping the black area, but i cannot see anything into the main window.
    The robot is KRC2 KR150 series2000 year 2002
    Not sure about the KSS version - if needed i can check it.

Any help appreciated!

• Hello vvelikov.
    For the first You have to change batteries.
    APC1 slave ? It looks like that robot was working with slave PLC-like controlling system. Still You have interbus card inside (PCI bus) ? Double card dedicated ?
    Hibernation? usually when You turn off KRC2 cabinets and turn on again in confiuration You have choosen hibernating than shutting down system.
    Problems with interbus ? Turn off in iosys.ini file interbus connection. Tree to folder with this file on photo below. Just put ";" before Interbuspci line, bolded on photo.
    If You are not using any other dedicaded cards put ";" in tab [DRIVERS]. Except MFC section (but I have few back'ups where line with MFC was hashed too). But for me line with MFC must be unhashed. Then make cold start (caltstart) (I see Your system is hibernating so You can have problems with normal shut down of system).
    You was writing about problems with KCP with operator panel. It looks like broken VGA card or screen ?
    I don't get it. Write more about it.
    Good info is DSE boot finished. I think about masterring ? Have You done it correct ?
    I don't see problems with E-Stop. You have made bridge on it ?
    For me You are using some VKRC2 versions of software KSS 5.x.x but I can be wrong with it.

Greets
    Marek.

• Hi markopo,
    thank you so much for this kind answer!
    Yes, probably the robot was used with a PLC system, i will remove this lines and will check if there are cards to be removed as well.

About the KCP - please find attached two images. First one - with the yellow background and in German language appeared when the robot started for first time.
    After that it is starting always in black - as in the second photo (it is a mockup)
    When i am selecting the menus on the top i can see them over the black background - that means for me that there is nothing wrong with the video or display... but really don't have a clue why is that black background there...

Thanks again!

Edit: Forgot to mention - there was no mastering done on the robot, what DSE boot finished message means?

• Hello.
    Strange with KCP. One way for me is to reinstall system. Do You have mirror of system or install CD ?
    I don't know what can be wrong with system, suppose that is something wrong with OCX with Windows.
    Check SoftKeyVW.ini in this same catalogue as iosys.ini. That is ini file with buttons available in Your system.
    Do You have some back'up ? maybe after restoring some archive You will have explorator visible.
    But for me You will have to reinstall KSS.
    2870 - DSE inicialization done, just information. (Digital Signal Exchange) card in cabinet where are exchanged infos with RDW card on base of robot (values from encoders from each axe, communication) . Do You have connected robot to cabinet ?

Marek

• No, no mirrors, and no CD's also archive as the robot just arrived and this is the first time boot up.

May be i will need to take out the HDD and to look for installation files.

I have an archive from another robot - the same model. Do you think it is a good idea to use it to replace this system?

I tried to make archive, but it is not possible to choose a drive - the USB for example. It is only possible to do archive on a floppy disk which is also an option.

Thank you again markopo!

If anyone else have other ideas - they are more than welcomed!

• Just look for an equivalent, don't got to Kuka! They wanted about £100 each for them, but an equivalent from RS was about a tenner :smiling_face:

The rating should be on the battery, just make sure that the terminals are correct and the orientation is also the same (+/- on the correct side)

• Hi.
    Before changing batteries check Siemens modul dedicated to recharge batteries. This modul is situated on the bottom of cabinet just below low row of KSD's. On this modul You have choosen voltage and Time to shut down of system Windows.Look at LED's.

Marek

• Just noticed that we have another error message:
    (2858) Ackn. Stop for error fieldbus

as i cannot edit nothing on the screen - it is black where should be the directory tree - i am about to copy the whole HDD and to try to edit the files.

Thanks guys, you were really helpful!

Anyone have an idea why the screen is black in the middle of the screen? It was fine before dismantling and transportation... the only difference now is that at the moment it is not connected to the PLC system
    Btw the KSS is version V5.2.19 (edited)

Edited once, last by vvelikov ().

• I've seen what appears the same case but with white navigator window. can you do cold reboot? if your batteries are failing, KPC did not have chance to finish writing to HDD so something may be corrupt (hibernate file is big and likely culprit).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners