KRC4 EMERGENCY CIRCUIT WITH TWO ROBOTS

• Hi! Has Anyone a schematic for the emergency circuit with two robots? Besides when a machine with a robot is interfaced with another machine I use make the emergency to the other machine using X11 pins 9-10, 27-28. This option is no longer available if I'm right. How do you realize the emergency interface with two machines...

Thanks a lot...

• Thanks for the answer. I just have two robots in my cell. I'm setting up the cell.. first time with KRC4 controller. Always used KRC1 and 2. I want to evaluate two different solution.

- Emergency of both robot. Every mushroom stops both robots.
    - Emergency that stops my two robots and the external machine... I have not decided...

I have an external security relay for each robot. I need to properly wire them for the emergency...

Attached is a schematic I did for one robot... (if it is OK) but for two robots I'm not sure what it is right...

• Hi IlFincoITA.
    You have made configuration of E-stop with 2 channels and with manual reseting. Good job. Where is coil from KM2 ? As You know from KRC2 up to KRC4 You have codded channel A and channel B. What is that mean. In KRC1 there You just needed +24 V to close each channel. Other way is in KRC 2 and 4. On ESC card in cabinet You have two chips (A, B) for codding signal for E-stop. So You can not swap Test Out A with Test Out B. Check it :smiling_face: Swap wires on bridge on X2 harting.
    This is on inputs to robot side not on output side as You posted eplan-sheet.
    I'm wondering about any other E-stop activators (mushrooms as You said :smiling_face: Don't You have some acticators nearby to operator ? Other devices haven't own E-stop activators ? If You are not using any other mushrooms You can wire them serially, one by one. (channel A-1 robot + channel A-2 robot on 11-12 input ER, channel B - 1 robot + channel B - 2 robot - 21 - 22 input ER )Have You done sheet with wiring on INPUTS to robot ?

Marek.

Edited once, last by markopo ().

• I'm sorry but I didn't undertand. OK I made a mistake because X11 Pin1 is Test Output A end it goes with Pin 2 so Pin 19 goes with 20. The Local stop is the mushroom on smart panel... right? and the SB1 is the operator Mushroom. Is this schematic correct for one robot? KM2 is another contactor that must be unactive to rearm the emergency reley. My question is how I need to change this schematic to make any mushroom in the fild stop both the robot.

• Hello there.
    No no You have correct schema. Sorry for my misunderstanding because I'm working with e plan where You have splited activation ( emergency relay) with wiring E-stop channels in robot.
    Field E-stop. Usually it is done on other emergency relay.
    And You ought to take a third ER to make sum all (robot E-stop, and Field E-stop). This is in few concern standards and it is most safe.
    And next question how do You make checking that door to cell will be opened ? ha ?
    When suddently someone open door and try to go into cell where robots are working ?
    So by me You need next one ER to check that fence is closed and is armed. Or You use door locking where is imposible to open gate without stoping robots.
    Marek

Edited once, last by markopo ().

• On the input side, wire all E-Stops in series:
    X11 of Robot2 - your circuit:

37 - wire 300
    38 - wire 301
    55 - wire 305
    56 - wire 306

On the output side of the safety relay (ADSRE4) you just need to expand number of contacts. Then wire two redundant contacts to X11 of Robot1 and another two to X11 of Robot2 (1-2 and 19-20).

Contact expansion is done the same way you did with KM1:
    - power pair of safety relays (such as KM1) using ADSRE4, let's call them KM_A and KM_B
    - monitor those relays (add normally closed contacts of KM_A and KM_B into monitoring loop of ADSRE4)
    - form redundant contacts by wiring contacts of KM_A and KM_B in series (can't use two contacts of same relay, has to be one of each KM_A and KM_B).

of course this is in case you use individual safety relays such as G7SA xxxx (lot's of wiring). but there are expansion relay modules that include pair of safety relays so most of the interconnections are already done for you in the factory. then you get redundant contact and your circuit looks like what you did with KM1 (but if KM1 is not redundant, expansion relay, your circuit is not redundant so it is not Cat3, at best it is Cat2).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• if using individual safety relays for expansion, circuit would look something like this (see below). If using expansion module as KM1 (already redundant), you may remove KM2

Advertising from our partners