Delta(Spider Like Robot)

• Dear Friends,
    Has any one used Delta robot?
    Are Delta Robot Cheap or costlier than Articulate robot?
    Whose delta Robots are used most?

Regards
    Sachin

Just Do It.........

• I know many company companies have the delta robot, but can any one tell me are these robot costlier than articulate robots?

Just Do It.........

• That's not a question with a good answer. Delta robots are so specialized there are seldom any normal articulated robot the directly competes with them. The ABB FlexPicket, for example, has a tiny payload capacity (1-2kg, IIRC), but can move that payload at very high speed. On the other hand, it has a very limited envelope and is limited to palletizing-style operations. So it is difficult to make a direct comparison.

The Tricept/Exechon robot is, I believe, quite expensive, but it tries to provide (some of) the envelope and flexibility of an articulated robot with (most of) the rigidity and accuracy of a CNC machine.

Basically, in the market so far, most Delta robots are made for highly specialized applications where there's no direct competition from articulated robots.

• Hello Skyefire,

You are talking about highly specialized applications where other type of robots that could not compete agianst the delta. Could you give some exemples, please? I am very interessted in small sized components manipulation where small delta robots can be used ( from Ø 100 or 150 mm to 350x350 mm of workspace and 30mm to 60mm in z axis)

Thanks for your help

Sincerely

Advertising from our partners