Upside down display on NX pendant

• Hi all,

This is my first request for help from you guys, I'm a newbie here and have already learned a lot ( :respect: thank you!) from previous topics (I fall into the category of programmer who can't get on a course due to company politics so have to self-teach) but am stumped with a particular issue..

We have one NX teach pendant (out of >100) which displays upside down (rotated 180 degrees)? The fault travels with the pendant from one controller to another, which made me think the issue was likely to be wiring related rather than a parameter etc., but the Maintenance guys swear it's correctly wired and mounted within the pendant.

I know we can flip the display on an ABB flex pendant for left-handed users, but having trawled the NX setup manual as well as the basic programming book and the XRC/NX parameter book (shhhh!) I'm still left scratching my head. :hmmm: I've been through all the display setup options in Management and Maintenance modes but can't find anything there either...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks! :beerchug:

• I'm glad I was able to post something different! :icon_mrgreen:

Excellent question, and one I can't answer because:

A - The touchscreen doesn't work! (the Area key's looking pretty grubby..!)
    B - I don't know how!

I'm guessing without the functionality I'm not going to be able to calibrate the touchscreen, but even so, I'd be grateful for a quick how-to, if someone has the time. We have several NX PP's with the calibration off to a degree, it'd be nice to be able to recalibrate those if nothing else.

• I've yet to see this.

Is this a new problem or always existed??? Is it possible that the display was physically installed incorrectly??

Calibration just configures the touch screen portion of the display.

There is zero control of the actual pendant display that I have ever seen.

RoboGuru

Advertising from our partners