KRC4 Compact Errors KSS13012 KSS15004 KSS00404

• Hello,

I am just finishing up wiring the X11 connector of the KRC4 Compact controller.

I have followed the pinout chart and set up:
    an acknowledge button 5>6 and 14>15 NO Contact
    External E-Stop button 1>2 and 10>11 NC Contact
    Safety Gate 3>4 and 12>13 NO Contact

Safe operational stop 7>8 and 16>17
    Safety stop Stop 2 18>19 and 28>29

I then jumpered the External Enabling
    20>21 and 30>31
    22>23 and 32>33

As a result, I am getting:
    KSS13012 <SYS-X44> Error during ECat stack initialization [NetworkResponse () no Network Response] (Nothing is plugged into X44)

KSS15004 I/O error in safe device

KSS00404 Safety Stop

It is almost as if the ECat is still active and not the X11. I cannot get any response from any button tied into the X11 Connector.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    Jason

Edited once, last by jpotts ().

• Safety Gate should be 3>4 and 12>13 NC contacts.

and reset power after any chain discrepancy errors.

Its my first time with a KRC4 Compact

Sorry I meant to say 3>4 12>13
    I edited this to reflect that.

Still confused.... do I maybe have a contact that is NO when it should be NC or vice versa?
    Is there something I need to do to make the X11 active?
    Do I need an external PSU? (I didnt think so)

• Safety Gate 3>4 and 12>13 must be closed
    just like the estop 1>2 and 10>11

verify these are closed and then cycle power and this should take care of safety stop messages and let you move the robot

• the gate is NO and when it closes it activates the switch making contact.
    So I have continuity when the gate is closed
    AND
    when the E-Stop is in the "normal" position

• Hello!

Im having somewhat almost the same problem atm, ive made a bridged X11 contact so that i can test the robot in my office since i need to run some full speed tests there.

These are the jumpers i got:

1 and 2, 19 and 20 (External E-stop)
    3 and 4, 21 and 22 (Operator safety)
    5 and 6, 23 and 24 (Acknowledge operator safety)
    7 and 8, 25 and 26 (Safe operational stop)
    9 and 10, 27 and 28 (Safety stop) (Stop2)

The fault message im getting is KSS00404 Safety Stop

This is exactly the same as I used on another KRC4 and then it worked fine. Also the weird thing is when im taking out the X11, i dont get any external emergency message or nothing..... :thinking_face: Hope someone might share some light on this since im stuck atm..

Edit: Never mind guys, found out that i had to jumper:

11 and 12, 29 and 30
    13 and 14, 31 and 32

Edited once, last by Xerces ().

• Hi -
    I have experience with other robots but just this week got my first Kuka to work with. I'm stuck on this same issue:

I have all the following pins of X11 jumpered:
    1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 19-20, 21-22, 23-24, 25-26, 27-28, 29-30, 31-32

I still get the errors KSS15004 I/O Error in Safe Device and KSS00404 Safety Stop. I have double and triple checked these connections and cycled power, but still no luck. And like Xerces originally said, removing X11 doesn't produce any further messages.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

• my hardware settings are:

Customer Interface: X11
    Operator safety acknowledgement: external unit

I do not have any Profisafe equipment, which is the only other interface option, and changing the acknowledgement to "button" just results in the error "KSS12017 Operator safety not acknowledged" in addition to the same errors 15004 and 00404.

I am not able to set drives_on -- my motion conditions everything is gray and there is no response to my trying to turn the drives on.

Is there a way to get more detailed diagnostic information? The error messages are not very descriptive at all.

• on KRC4 you can choose between safety interfaces but you can only select one (Either X11 or ProfiSafe or CIP...... only one!).

if you have X11 interface then you must use it, and that means proper connections.

External unit acknowledgment means that robot is not looking for ack. button, it is done externally (safety relay, safety PLC).
    If you choose internal, then you have to wire ack button to X11.

If you just want to see robot move and worry about installation later, login as Expert, and select Start-up mode. the IBN icon on top of Smartpad will turn yellow ("startup" in En = "IBN" or "in-betrieb-nahme", It is a compound word so I added dashes...)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you panic -- I was able to get it to move in start-up mode.

I am going to open the controller up and check internal connections now that I'm confident that the robot works, and that I do have my end of X11 configured correctly.

• don't touch anything inside controller - your wiring is NOT correct.

for KRC4compact (KRC4sr) your X11 needs:
    1-2
    3-4
    7-8
    10-11
    12-13
    16-17
    18-19
    20-21
    22-23
    28-29
    30-31
    32-33

(it is NOT same as KRC4 standard)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by panic mode ().

• Good catch, I actually noticed that myselv while poking around inside, that I must have the wrong pinout, proceeded to download the correct manual, and change it. Thought this must be the solution to all my problems -- but no luck -- I now have the same 2 errors, plus 15012 Enabling Switch Error. :wallbash:

(In my experience with ABB robots, I almost always had to reattach something inside the controller loose from shipping, but I am at least pleased to notice that Kuka looks a whole lot neater inside, even if it doesn't solve my problems.)

• As far as I know there wasn't a part number for the harness -- but it was the harness connecting X11 to X402, X403, and X406. It must not go bad too often, because it took the Kuka service tech 2 days to figure out what was wrong - and then another few weeks to get the part from Germany.

• saludos.

Regards.

I have the Same Safety Stop Problem KSS00404, perform the procedure to activate the IBN icon but still the robot is not enabled with respect to the X11 connector and the KRC unit is already certified note that when wanting to make initial adjustment of the axes it presents an alarm KSS26128 There is no connection to the EMD and on the setting screen the connection indicator with EMD is red, what is the cause? and how to solve it? thank you in advance for your support.

Parada de seguridad KSS00404

• Regards.

ok I am new to this robotics and I need to put into operation a compact kuka krc4 robot and from the beginning it gives me warning stop security kss00404 I already configure the x11 connector and if it responds to the stops that is to say that I remove it and the warnings and are presented If I put it they are removed until everything is fine but when I want to move the controls they are grayed out and I activated the IBN mode but even so I cannot move the robot and it presents "active commands blocked" and manual reading but it does not indicate failure or solution I found With this forum and I read the same problem but if I can still move the robot I hope you can support me to solve my problem I put images of the alarms it presents.

Thank you for your contribution.

Advertising from our partners