ARCHIVING ERROR KRC2

• Hello. I have some wierd problem on one robot. It is a KRC2 controller with KR C v5.2.12 HF5 version installed.

Problem is that when i try to make an archive, the HMI losses connection with Cross3.exe(i can see this by semafor icon chaning to red cross in taskbar), and therefore also the archive isn't done. I've tried to change in KRCConfigurator different paths but problem was the same regardless which drive i defined to make archive on.

Also i tried to make a fresh installation of KR C v5.2.12 HF5. Format the hardisk, did fresh installation of WinXpe v1.1 Build 10, fresh KR C v5.2.12 HF5. Then tried to make an archive without restoring the last archive, but te problem stayed the same.

Tried to update the KR C v5.2.12 HF5 to KRC v5.2.14, if i did automatic software update the problem stayed, but if i did fresh installation from scratch, again WinXpe fresh installation, then KRC v5.2.14, then i could make an archive. But when i copied the programs manually from orginal disk into R1 folder, the problem reoccured. If i deleted programs in R1 folder, then it was OK.

Also i have to mention that the robot work ok with these programs, just when it want's to do an archive the HMI losses conecction with Cross3.exe then you have to make a restart of Cross3 if you want to work further with KCP and HMI. Only idea is that the programs are somehow corrupted, but they work fine if you try to run them(robot executes them well).

• Hi Danny,

from what you described it seems that the problem is in the robot programs, despite they work well with the robot.
    Have you tried to open them with notepad to see if there is something "strange" inside?

• Thank you very much for the response. I was also looking into the attributes of the files, but that also wasn't the problem. Then my only idea was to make empty programs on freshly installed KRC v5.2.14 with the same names of the original programs and copy the contents of the original programs into empty programs on freshly installation and this work for me(copying and pasting about 3 hours :smiling_face: ). It would do the archive. So I'm leaning now more to MOM idea to look into file dates. I'll check this and inform you.

• I have tested this and can confirm. The problem was that the files had date & time set to year 2038. I downloaded file & date changer program, change the dates of files and VIOLA works. Thank you very much.

Advertising from our partners