KRC4 touchup disable

• Hello,
    does anybody know how to disable touchup command on KRC4 when logout is active - user operator?
    I need to disable this command to prevent accidental touchups, when administrator is login, touchup should work.

Thank you,
    Marko.

• I think you can change attributes of the module to be hidden. If I recall, that way User or Operator account will not even get a chance to see it. Just create another program that calls it...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello guys!

Has anyone managed to find a solution to their friend's problem?

I'm having problems with improper changes in programs too, in KRC2 I managed to block with the help of a forum topic, but with KRC4 I'm lost.

I want to leave the changes only at Expert level.

• It depends what KSS you have... as this was a frequent complaint KUKA did respond and newer KSS versions have built in rights management. That would be KSS8.5 or higher...

If you have older version such as KSS8.2 or 8.3 there is no such ready to use management option. This means one would need to modify some of the configuration file himself. Basically add required user level to things needed, all of this is in:

C:\KRC\SmartHMI\SmartHMI.exe.Standard.config

and it is equivalent of same changes on KRC2 where "UM20" could be added in INI files.

it should go without saying that prudent thing is to create backup. then perform changes. then do a cold boot with reload files.

to make things a bit smoother, someone at KUKA was kind enough to create script. this makes thing easier but still it is "use at own risk". it uses FNR.EXE and edits are done in one pass. i tried it on couple of KSS8.3 and it worked like a charm.

so save this code as smartHMI.button.configurator.bat on a USB stick. put FNR.EXE in the same folder as the BAT file you just created, connect the USB to controller. login as expert. minimize HMI, navigate to your usb stick and run smartHMI.button.configurator.bat

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners