CS7A+RX60L ROS-industrial integration

• Now that we have a working arm I wonder if anyone has done any work on integrating non networked controllers (such as the CS7A) with ROS industrial.
    I can see adept robots have partial integration. I'm thinking of adapting this for use with the ros_serial so it would be good to know if someone has/is working in that direction.

• See if can find a 040 processor to replace the 030, then you could get a daughter board for networking.
    The problem is low level you will need a licence to use ZPEEK and ZPOKE commands to write a driver.
    or even a licence to use the motion development ADEPT commands, Use the SETDEVICE commands to obtain Motion parameters Etc..

• I'm interested to learn more about your integration efforts. The messaging protocol developed for ROS-I was developed with other comms methods in mind (although I've never tried it). I'd like to learn what issues you encountered and if you were ultimately able to make it work. Feel free to reach out to me directly. See here: http://rosindustrial.org/contact-us/ (my contact info is under Shaun Edwards)

• (my contact info is under Shaun Edwards)

Oh hi Shaun,
    So you are still working on ROS-I, I wasn't sure if the switch over of staff at WG affected what you were doing. Good to know you are still on the "case".
    I was able to adapt the Adept TCP example in adept_common, just having some issue opening up the serial ports from within the V+ but that's like to be more of an error between the keyboard and chair. Once that's done I plan to build a basic bridge in C++ that translates Serial to TCP, maybe running on a small dedicated ITX/rPI box. I'll also need to make a URDF model, which will probably take me a longer time if my previous experience is anything to go by!

Will let you know how I get on,

Thanks
    Mentar

Advertising from our partners