Robot Speed Control

• I would like to better understand how to control robot speed with my LR Mate 200 IC robots. I know that I can insert an override instruction within each TP routine. However, what if I want to set a global variable that will provide an upper limit for all TP/macro routines? Similarly, is there a separate variable that will control speed when jogging in manual mode? I have found the following variables in the system…variables location on the TP. The Fanuc documentation that I have provides a vague description for each. I am not clear on the differences between each of these. Some variables appear to be write protected, does this mean I need to perform a controlled start to edit them?
    I appreciate any insights you have
    Thanks

$SCR.$RUNOVLIM: PROGRAM RUN SPEED LIMIT
    $SCR.$SFRUNOVLIM: PROGRAM RUN OVERRIDE LIMIT
    $SCR.$JOGLIM: JOG LIMIT
    $SCR.$JOGOVLIM JOG SPEED LIMIT
    $SCR.$SFJOGOVLIM: SAFETY JOG SPEED LIMIT
    $SCR.$SFSPD_OVRD[2]: SAFETY OVERRIDE
    $SCR.$COLDOVRD: COLD START OVERRIDE
    $MCR.$GENOVERRIDE: GENERAL OVERRIDE
    $MCR_GRP.$PROGOVERRIDE: PROGRAM OVERRIDE

Edited once, last by gdemark ().

• Any of these variables you listed can be changed on a controlled start.

$SCR.$RUNOVLIM: will control the speed globally in any program during T1 non-step mode and i believe fully automatic. So even if you set an override in a TP program higher than this system variable, the system variable will override it.
    $SCR.$JOGLIM: The percentage of system maximum speed you can jog the robot. maximum of 250mm/sec. (applies for T1 non-step and step)
    $SCR.$JOGOVLIM: The global override for non-step mode T1 speed. Careful with this one as if you turn it to 100 you may see a fault occasionally because it reaches over 250mm/sec.

These only apply when the SFSPD signal is OFF. (normally configured UOP's have SFSPD ON)
    $SCR.$SFJOGOVLIM: SAFETY JOG SPEED LIMIT
    $SCR.$SFRUNOVLIM: PROGRAM RUN OVERRIDE LIMIT

$SCR.$COLDOVRD: Default speed set when you reboot the robot.
    $MCR.$GENOVERRIDE: This is the system variable that changes when you hit the +% and -% buttons.
    $MCR_GRP.$PROGOVERRIDE: I believe this is the speed of a particular motion such as L P 4000mm/sec the 4000mm/sec is stored in this variable.

Edited once, last by estead ().

• $MCR_GRP.$PRGOVERRIDE is a program-settable override (default to 100) that affects program motion and is 'multiplied' with $MCR.$GENOVERRIDE, so 50 x 100 = half-speed. Useful because Operator can always bump up the general override if that is set programmatically at some point. But with General Override at 100%, $MCR_GRP.$PRGOVERRIDE can be used at a critical point to step down to a lower override, globally affecting overall speeds while General Override is still showing 100%. Operator could still dig in and set this var if they can access vars.

- Jay

Edited once, last by Jaycephus ().

Advertising from our partners