S4C Plus startup problem

• We have a S4C plus controller and we started having a problem on robot boot after doing some stuff.

1- I backed up the image of the disk before starting to do anything.
    2- The robot system was corrupt, it was not possible to go into the service or file manager menus.
    3- I tried downloading a new system but there was space problem in the disk.
    4- To delete the current system I had to go into the service tab for X-Start but it wasnt possible since service tab could not be opened.
    5- I restored the disk with the image of another robot and to do X-Start but after that it started stucking at counting on boot.
    6- Restored the original hdd image back but still it keeps counting to thousands at boot.

Now I cant do anything, the robot doesn't boot and keeps counting (status led of the cpu is red btw).

Does anyone have any idea :icon_smile: ?

• I was running into a similar problem.
    finally I solved the problem by using a FTP client (WinSCP) and download a new system.
    I am still fight with hardware problems and was in beginning thinking I can solve it by doing a cold start. :frowning_face:
    it was definitely wrong because the whole settings and OS will be deleted.
    I took then the HD out and connect it with a flash drive usb interface to my computer and make a undelete ... also not good because I not get the right file names back. so it was starting for ever.
    I deleted then on the flash drive all directories excluding the BIN directory and do not delete or change the files on the root directory.
    ok it comes up with the possibility to create a system from floppy or from network.
    I struggling because I use the service LAN port as written. I got then every time a message in RobInstall there is already a system installed.
    finally I got it.
    I use the CPU LAN Card, and set the IP and all to a number what is fitting inside our network
    give robinstal thisIP number and ... yes it works :smiling_face: but you must have 25MB of hard disk space fee.
    If not connect to the same IP number via a FTP client, I use WinSCP because that is installed, you also can use the Voyager FTP from ABB.
    username and password I use is abb

with the FTP I can move all directories excluding /BIN and excluding all files in the root directory to my hard drive and I have enough space to reinstall the system.
    when you create the system, checkmark on the last screen "Questionnaire start up"
    than you can set all parameters on the TPU when you do the first start.

you can do this every time later too, only do a restart in I-Start mode.

good luck
    Gilbert

• I've had a few of the flash disks go bad on me. Pull the computer board out and you will see it, it's a 40 pin card, has a connector near the top with a red and black wire connecting it to 5V on the CPU board.

If you have a flash disk reader, you can plug it in and access it.

Note: There are a couple ABB hidden files on these disks for the bootloader screens, so if you don't buy from ABB, then they will not be on a new disk.

There is also a way to use hyperterminal and a null modem cable to delete the image.bin file, but it is a real pain.

You can always try Gilbert's suggestion too.

Advertising from our partners