Siemens Ethernet

• Hello guys, just found this forum and gotta say the quality of answers here is really great!

Please help me!

I've got a new M20 with R30iB Controller and EtherNet/IP Option. The thing is, now, the master controller is a Siemens s7-300 with ProfiNET only (no Profibus). I can't afford the ProfiNET option, because it implies waiting for new hardware to arrive and time is critical...

What would be the fastest workaround here? Siemens gives the possibility to send/receive TCP and UDP messages through ethernet, is it possible to querry/write robot IO/Registers through TCP/IP? Are there any other possibilities I may be missing here, besides using serial or buying profinet option? Thank you very much in advance!!!

• For the record: it worked!

For the price, this option is cheaper than converting the robot to ProfiNET buying extra hardware and software from FANUC:

http://www.hms.se/products/pro…ctType=Anybus%20X-gateway

It converts ProfiNET<->EtherNET/IP, acting as a slave both ways (it means you need the robot to be a EtherNET/IP SCANNER (a bought option) and a PLC (Siemens) being the master

There is also this other model:

http://www.hms.se/products/pro…odType=Anybus%20X-gateway

Which acts as an EtherNET/IP Scanner, so there's no need to buy SCANNER option on the robot.

Works like a charm. +1

• Hi,
    I cannot understand why u cannot afford the ProfiNET option?? I think with Anibus u gain the same result or not?

Add: Sorry, now I see what in robot u have not Profinet.( I think what u've profinet on PLC & Robot and understand why u not use that :smiling_face: )

Scotty

Edited once, last by scotty ().

• Somebody used this module AB7670? Can somebody to help config EthIP scaner on Anybus?

If you want the scanner to connect to a fanuc adapter you will want to use "RsLinx" and "Rsnetworx for ethernet/ip" from Allen Bradley. I tried to do the configuration with the builtin webinterface at first, but imo it's too limited, you can't enter configuration data parameters.
    Anyways, when you have the software, follow the ethernet/ip scanner rsnetworx guide from HMS.

http://www.hms.se/support/supp…odType=Anybus%20X-gateway

• If you want the scanner to connect to a fanuc adapter you will want to use "RsLinx" and "Rsnetworx for ethernet/ip" from Allen Bradley. I tried to do the configuration with the builtin webinterface at first, but imo it's too limited, you can't enter configuration data parameters.
    Anyways, when you have the software, follow the ethernet/ip scanner rsnetworx guide from HMS.

http://www.hms.se/support/supp…odType=Anybus%20X-gateway

Thanks! Can you answer can I use only RsNetworx for configuration scanner or I need too RsLinx and why? Do I need robot controller eds files for config?

• HIhi, nice post :bravo:

I have a Fanuc R2000iA/200F with RJ3iB, this controller has 1 - 16in and other 1 - 16out cards.. now i see need more cards.. so i have S7-1200 siemens, (profinet)....
    here my question, its posible can comunicate this RJ3iB to PLC S7-1200??? what hardware i need to buy ???

Edited once, last by ivaninti ().

• Previously you need to check does your robot support Profinet connection. And after you need ProfiNET card and profinet option on robot side. Usually it's going together from Fanuc. It's all what you need.

• HIhi, nice post :bravo:

I have a Fanuc R2000iA/200F with RJ3iB, this controller has 1 - 16in and other 1 - 16out cards.. now i see need more cards.. so i have S7-1200 siemens, (profinet)....
    here my question, its posible can comunicate this RJ3iB to PLC S7-1200??? what hardware i need to buy ???

If the rate of the communication is not too high and the data size is not too large, you can try to use the I/O to communicate with Siemens 1200 if you PLC have I/Os. Maybe it is economical and efficient!

BR!
    Jonson

• If the rate of the communication is not too high and the data size is not too large, you can try to use the I/O to communicate with Siemens 1200 if you PLC have I/Os. Maybe it is economical and efficient!

BR!
    Jonson

Yep already im buying 2 yellow card to inputs, but i think its posible through ethernet / profinet io conversor

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

• You need RsLinx as well, you need it to configure drivers on your workstation. Maybe you can skip that step somehow, but I don't know how.

I think you can configure without eds-file and input parameters manually, but I used the attached eds-file and it worked fine for me.

After install the EDS, the RSLogix 5000 still cannot create the fanuc robot module. Did you use the EDS for the rslogix 5000?

• In case you want to use Profinet I have used these two options:

1: Anybus bridge for Ethernet/IP (Fanuc as scanner) - Profinet (Siemens as a scanner). Software option EIP Scanner must be installed, it depends on the Anybus choice (it is possible to configure Anybus as an adapter for Fanuc side and scanner for PLC side.
    2: Siemens CP1604 module of communications prepared for Fanuc purposes (supplied by Fanuc). It is available from RJ3iC/R-30iA controller versions. Software option Profinet (it can operate as a controller or device or both depending on your application). In case you need to operate as device and controller you must configure it as "migration".

Hope this helps!

Advertising from our partners