Wrong positions after updating revolution counters

• Hi
    I had to update the revolution counters in our 6400R but after that the positions were a bit displaced. Did I do something wrong? I jogged all the joints as close to the zero line of the calibration plates as possible and updated the counters.

There is a plate at the back of the robot, which gives a resolver values for all the joints. Should I jog all the joints to these values instead of the zero values?

• Why it doesn't work always? If I just try it again, will it work eventually? I'm a bit new with these things so could you explain me what do you mean by checking the calibration info? What is the meaning of the resolver values at the back of the robot?

• After updating the revolution counters I move the robot to the zero joints. All axis are facing the calibration notches except A2 which is slightly off. Does that mean that there is a problem at the robot's calibration?

• Actually It works, but you need to do it carefully. Maybe second axis of calibration didn't perfect before changed revolution counter?? But as I said If you have old back-up you can compare with new back-up and understand what happened

All things are difficult before they are easy. <br />Thomas Fuller

www.hitegro.com

• I did the calibration few times more. The zero lines are never aligned in second axis. It's always few lines at the plus side or at the minus side. Other axis are very precisely at the zero line.

• Hello
    that means that axis 2 need to be fine calibrated.
    You can't fix your problem only by update rev counter.
    You need to do a fine calibration on axis 2.

• Just to make sure check your backup MOC.cfg calibration numbers with the sticker on the back of the arm. If they match then rev counter should work. If not you may want to look at a mechanical issue. Possible gear problems. The calibration should not move unless you replace a motor or there is a slip in the gears.

• I want to ask one more question about the topic to prevent this happening again. If I run the joints to zeros with MoveAbsJ command before unplugging the control cable, the joints are in correct positions for updating the revolution counters, right? Can I then just update the revolution counters and be sure that the counters were updated correctly and positions are not changed?

• :icon_smile:
    HI,
    Maybe you need to check the value of calibrate offset ,
    You need make sure that this value is the same as the robot body's numbers——if you didn't replace the motor.

Advertising from our partners