User defined error dictionaries (etx, r30iA)?

• Hi all,

lurking for some time and have learned a lot from older threads, so I was wondering if you could help me with the following.

Preliminary info: R30iA, v7.70, M-430iA/2F.

As for my question: does anyone have any more info on creating and using custom error dictionaries?

Based on the info on dictionaries in the various manuals (Karel, Operator and Error) and an older thread on this forum ('file type etx'), I've gotten as far as being able to kcdict a test dictionary to an .tx file and the associated Karel constant file:

Code
    .kl test 300
    $1+APSH_WARN, MSG1 "msg 1"
    $2+APSH_WARN, MSG2 "msg 2"
    $3+APSH_WARN, MSG3 "msg 3"
    $4+APSH_WARN, MSG4 "msg 4"

Code
    CONST
      MSG1         = 300001
      MSG2         = 300002
      MSG3         = 300003
      MSG4         = 300004

According to output from kcdict, the last number (300) on the first line in the .etx is the facility number. I entered '300' here as I'd like to use a custom facility number as well as custom messages.

I then load the dictionary (tx) on the controller on the KCL:

LOAD DICT testengl test

As far as I can tell, this should work, but a small test program with just a "POST_ERR(MSG1, '', 0, 0)" in it only results in an error being posted to the TP:

INTP-322: (TESTTEST, 16) Invalid arg val for builtin

Has anyone gotten this to work? From the older thread I gathered that this capability is not something being advertised by Fanuc anymore, but I'd really like to use it.

[hr]

edit: thinking about it some more: is it even possible to define new facility numbers, or is (or was) this functionality only ever intended to change (translate) existing errors? I've come across some installations where the APPL facility showed custom error messages, but I'd like to avoid overwriting anything existing. Extension would be more interesting.

Edited once, last by rf103 ().

• Hello everyone,
    Please if somebody has information about this, it would be much appreciated, I just could manage to make the dictionary using "raonrobotics" hint but when I use POST_ERR() it says CUST-000 (some hex) Dictionary was not found.

Thank you in advance.

Mario A.

• Ancient thread but it helped me thank you all, it still took me a bit to figure it out so here's some steps in case anyone's stuck.

• First you need to create an "yourfile.etx" file with content very similar to what raonrobotics posted:
    Code
    .kl cust 97
    .normal
    $22 +CUST_WARN, YOUR_ERR22 "Err 22: %s"
    $23 +CUST_WARN, YOUR_ERR23 "Err 23: %s"
    • then you run "kcdict yourfile" from a terminal. the output will be a .tx file with the same name (your file.tx).
    • Then you copy that .tx file and a .cf file with the following command "LOAD DICT yourfile cust" into UD1 or something and run the cf. (cust is the name of the dictionary there, I don't think you can change that)
    • Once it's loaded you can call your error from karel:
    Code
    POST_ERR(97022, 'custom message',0,1)
    • The pendant will show "CUST-022 Err 22: custom message"

Advertising from our partners