Feeding of a program for milling

• Hi guys,
    i have a question, just not sure how to deal with this:

I am doing milling on my robot - KRC2 v5.2. The programs usually are big - up to 70 000 - 100 000 lines, so i am dividing the code into smaller files - up to 2200 lines each.
    That is working but as there is a limitation on my KRC - cannot load more than for example 25 files (dat and src) - so i am doing it part by part - deleting the old ones and copying the new files. It works, but is a bit of time consuming :winking_face:

So, my question is - what is the proper way to feed those files. Usually i am doing a base program, which 'calls' all the files - is there a way to use a USB stick for example? I've been told that the files for execution needs to be based into R1 folder. But the space is limited there :(. The KRC cabinet have two USB ports, CD, floppy :smiling_face: and also a network card. Not sure about the software side but can check if needed...
    Any advise will be appreciated!

Thanks!

• The DirLoader is probably the only good option. Part of the issue is, the /R1 directory you see in the KUKA Navigator is not, in fact, the hard drive -- it's a RAM drive, which loads a mirror of the C:\KRC\R1 directory tree of the hard drive during boot (that's why the boot process takes as long as it does). This means that, in theory, you could delete all the files off the hard drive while the robot is running, and the robot would never notice (this used to be actually possible back during the KSS v2.x days, but by the time of the 5.x tree, the hard drive and RAM drive are more closely coupled).
    But the only way to re-load files into the RAM drive is to use the DirLoader, or try doing some tricks with the hard drive and then forcing a reboot, which I really can't recommend.

• I'm afraid I don't have that information. You'll have to contact KUKA Sales. Make sure to give them the full details of your controller so they can select the package without hitting any compatibility issues.

Advertising from our partners