KRC2 External axis

• Hello,
    I am looking for way to control external axis speed. such as existing code "asyptp{e1 123}", 123 is position of axis driven to. I am unable to locate how it's been coded in term of speed.
    thank you for your help

• $OV_ASYNC has the same relationship to all Async motions as $OV_PRO has to all non-Async motions. But to control the velocity of a given Async axis without necessarily affecting all the others, you might use $VEL_AXIS_MA.

• Note that that is motor RPM -- how that affects the actual axis is something you have to calculate, using $RAT_MOT_AX.

I'm honestly not sure if you can modify the $VELxxx variables from inside a program -- it's something I've never tried.

• It is found in $machine.dat in the Mada folder (you must be in Expert mode)

$VEL_AXIS_MA[7]=1500.0 will set axis 7 to a maximum of 1500rpm

if we use of V0L_AXIS_MA[2]=1200 will set axis 2 velocity.:question_mark::question_mark:

SHUBHAM JAIN

• that will tell controller MAX permissible velocity for that axis. it is the speed limit for that axis - this is not value that can be tweaked while running. so reducing value from 1500 to 1200 will slow that axis down by 20% as well as rest of the robot whenever this axis is lead axis.

1200/1500=0.8 = 80%

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• that will tell controller MAX permissible velocity for that axis. it is the speed limit for that axis. so reducing value from 1500 to 1200 will slow that axis down by 20% as well as rest of the robot whenever this axis is lead axis.

ok, how & when and where will use this variable ?? have you any example.

and suppose my step is PTP P4 CONT Vel=100 % and i used variable VEL_AXIS_MA[2] = 1200 then my 2nd axis will move with 1200 mm/s in this step, Am i right ? :question_mark::question_mark:

SHUBHAM JAIN

• normally you never touch it unless you are making own custom axis.

no... not linear speed. 1200RPM = 1200 revolutions per minute... that is max motor speed.

1200*360deg/60sec = 7200deg/sec

then you need to consider gear ratio of that axis you can get max angular speed of the axis.

say gear ratio is 75:1 then max angular velocity of A2 would be

7200/75=96deg/sec

so when you program PTP motion for this axis that has sufficiently long travel, and speed set to 100%, A2 will reach speed of 96deg/sec. That is not speed of the tool or end of arm but if you care to know linear speed at the end of A2 joint, you would need to know the length of that joint and continue calculations.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• when & where we use this variable ??

and in gear ratio what is 75 and what is 1.

and why we need to control the rpm because generally we work on normal vel. like ptp = 20% or lin = 2m/s

SHUBHAM JAIN

• That particular variable is a LIMIT. and limits are not something you would change.

Definitely not something you change during program execution.

But there are other variables that set programmed speed, override speed etc.

Key manuals are mentioned in pinned topic READ FIRST.

Also consider KUKA training, it is more interactive than simply reading manuals.

Advertising from our partners