Changing working envelope in code.

• Hi all,

I was wondering is it possible to change Cartesian working space's limits in robot code? For example set working spaces y-limit according to some input?

Thanks in advance.

• Did you realise that you can create a maximum of 8 different work envelopes?

Use $AXWORKSPACE[the envelope number].MODE= within the program.
    #OFF Workspace monitoring is deactivated, #INSIDE The defined output is set if the TCP is located inside the workspace, #OUTSIDE The defined output is set if the TCP is located outside the workspace.

You could edit the $AXWORKSPACE variable directly, but personally I would set specific envelopes and call them when needed.

Edited once, last by eusty ().

• Did you realise that you can create a maximum of 8 different work envelopes?

Use $AXWORKSPACE[the envelope number].MODE= within the program.
    #OFF Workspace monitoring is deactivated, #INSIDE The defined output is set if the TCP is located inside the workspace, #OUTSIDE The defined output is set if the TCP is located outside the workspace.

You could edit the $AXWORKSPACE variable directly, but personally I would set specific envelopes and call them when needed.

Agreed,

The workspace is very useful when setup correctly. I am curious as to why it is that you would what to change the values of the workspace when it is generally fixed for a reason.

you have 2 different types of workspace

$AxWorkspace[] ; Axis Specific
    $Workspace[]; Linear values

They are pretty easy to setup either way and you have a number of different options for setting them up as well.

• Thanks for the info.

Ok some background of our solution. Our solution is a robot mounted onto a platform. The robot/platform systems is working in a tunnel and the platform is moved time to time. Because of this the distance to walls isn't always the same. So my scheme was to measure the tunnel profile after moving the platform and set the working space according to the measurements. The working space within the tunnel is very tight. At the narrowest parts of the tunnel there is only few centimeters free space between tool and the wall. We tried using fixed working space around the robot but it didn't work because the platform is not always in the middle of the tunnel.

Advertising from our partners