R30iB Aux Axis Setup

• Hey All,
    I am working with an M2iA with an R30iB controller. My system is requiring an aux axis motor. When setting up the Aux I can get through all the hardware setup no issue ,but, when attempting to master the Aux I am getting a MASTM3, 818 uninitialized data alarm. Seeing this is a KAREL built in routine for mastering on these bots I have no source code to see what all is happening... Just looking to see if any one out there has seen this issue? I have been in contact with FRA but we have yet to come to a conclusion...

Thanks for any help...

Bob

• Ok.. Lil bit of closure on this one...

After working a few days with the crew at FRA the cause and solution to this was found...
    With the R30iB controller running the Spider Bots (M1,M2,M3) the second group needs to be added with core software loading. Anyone familiar with Fanuc knows that you can add additional motion groups at controlled start... The issue comes along when mastering is attempted. The mastering KAREL file does not recognize the additional groups... But when the core software is set up to include the additional groups the KAREL file is created from the core load and thus recognizes the other groups.

AHH Closure...

• :help:

We have fanuc 120ic robot with 30ib controller and software version is 9.10 not able to figure out the way to setup

group 1 has additional 7th axis including robot and we need one servo in that 7th axis (extended axis-linear rail), followed by group 2 axis1 has one servo (positioner), group 3 axis1 has one servo(positioner) and group 4 has axis1 one servo (Positioner)

• Software version 9.10 would be the R-30iB Plus already.

Assuming, that the installed software has all the motion groups already defined (afaik not possible to do it via TP), you'll have to configure everything in the Controlled Start, according to your hardware setup.

Advertising from our partners