Partial Archive

• I have two robots I am working on for palletizing. I have individual programs that run for each product pattern. Is there a way I can archive only select files and restore them on the other robot? This would save me TONS of time.

In reality I only need the DAT files that store the point locations. Could I just copy and paste those files, and not need to do anything else? Of course I rather use a selective archive as it solves a few other oddities for me.

Thanks all!

• Yes just select the program you want then archive rather than active all.

When restoring do the same, open the archive and select the program to restore.

It will tell you it's the wrong archive and for a different robot, but you can ignore that.

Sent using Tapatalk 2.

• I guess I'm a little confused. Why cut&paste files into and out of the robot? Unless your programs are truly enormous, you should be able to keep the all in the robot's memory and simply select the correct one for your current situation.

• I guess I'm a little confused. Why cut&paste files into and out of the robot? Unless your programs are truly enormous, you should be able to keep the all in the robot's memory and simply select the correct one for your current situation.

I'm moving files that contain data for palletizing positions between robots. If I teach a new pattern on one robot, I dont want to teach it on the other as well.

Had actually seen the 'archive selected' last night while working on them. Hadn't looked that closely before. Thanks!

• Ah, okay. Actually, an Archive isn't even necessary. If you are logged in as Expert or higher, you can see any USB drive plugged into the cabinet in the file explorer on the teach pendant. With that, you can simply copy&paste any number of modules to the USB drive, then move that USB drive to the next robot and copy&paste back into the robot's PROGAM directory (or wherever you're storing your modules).

Copying Archives between robots is always something I try to avoid, because if you happen to have archived files that you don't want transferred, Bad Things can happen.

• ??? I spend a great deal of time pasting modules into KRC2s without ever touching the SPS controls. Cancelling the SPS should only be necessary if the modules being pasted are linked to the SPS -- standalone modules don't present any problem.

• Mmmmmm...

Just playing with KRC1 (4.1.7) and get the "Cannot overwrite linked file: " error when I try to paste. :hmmm:

The only way I've found to do it is to load the files before KSS starts, I've been doing this for years...but if there is an easier way :bravo:

• It probably depends on whether the modules you are pasting over are using variables linked to the SPS, or contain subroutines being called by the SPS. I try to write my modules to be pretty standalone, which may explain part of the difference. But yes, if the module you're attempting to overwrite has links of some kind to the SPS, you're probably going to have to Cancel the Submit before being allowed to overwrite said module.

Hm... I wonder how the DirLoader handles that situation? I don't recall ever trying it with SPS-linked modules.

Advertising from our partners