Teaching points with a name from string variable

• Hi everyone!

This is my first post on this forum and I have only less than a year of robot experience. We have a KR90 with KRC4 controller and a Haeger 824 OneTouch-3 fastener insertion machine trying to get along.

The actual question I have been working on for some time is making small corrections to different points. I managed to get the points name in a string variable but couldn't get the new position written into the with the name in the string...

If this doesn't make any sense it could be my just english or the poorly slept last night.

I'll include a piece of my test program when I get to the computer since I'm typing this from my cell phone.

• EDIT: Something goofy happened during copypaste... Should look ok now.

Edited once, last by Murkula ().

• Anyone has any ideas how to get this working or am I chasing ghosts here?

I also tried getting the point name from $PRO_IP.P_NAME[] as asimo instructed here but that gave an error "P_ARRIVED value unknown" or something like that...

• Well, to start with, as far as I know, the StrToxxxx functions are only part of the RoboTeam tech package. Unless you have that installed, I don't think you have those functions available. And without them, I don't think KRL supports using text strings as point names (although 8.x may well have new features I haven't learned yet).

As for $PRO_IP, I think it has invalid (uninitialized) values after a program Select or Reset until you've performed at least one motion command. I didn't do a whole lot of experimenting with it during that time due to other factors.

• There is no extra tech packs installed. The STRTOE6POS did however copy the coordinates of the point specified in string prevPointName[] into the pos_newPoint but that was quite the opposite what I was after.

Is there any reversed functions around this? :hmmm:
    Something like E6POSTOSTR perhaps? :icon_mrgreen:

• Hmm. KSS v8.x may have pulled these string-conversion functions in the base OS. Which is nice, since KRL's string-handling features have historically been a bit weak. 8.x is still pretty unexplored territory....

I'm not familiar with any pos-to-string function, offhand.

Advertising from our partners