Predefined IO Problem

• Greetings, There is this digital output signal which states that the program has started (S4C Plus controller). It keeps a lamp on as long as the program is running (a random DO with a spesific name). When i change the name of the signal to use it for some other purpose. I get the error of 20159. The robot is looking for the IO signal that is named as that one so it is going into a fatal system failure. How can I use that DO for some other purpose? Can I cancel that signal which is high when the program is running?

• Ive just read the other topics, i think the signal is called "cycle on". I want to cancel its output to use it for some other purpose but i cant find where to configure it.

• Hi Jelant,

Signal which you want to change is a system output. That's why you get error 20159. You can find system outputs under

System parameters -> IO signals -> Types -> System outputs. (the signal you look for is connected to CYCLE ON)

You cant change status of a system signal with RAPID code. Why you want to change CYCLE ON status to low while program is running?

BR.

Erdem Karaçeper

• Actually I want to cancel it because I ran out of free output signal (16 out of 16 are in use). So I want to rename that signal and use it to actuate a valve.

Thanks a lot for the help, in that list I see 2 system outputs
    - MOTLMP
    - CycleON_DO

It is obvious now that the second one is the one I want to cancel.

Can I just delete that signal? Would it cause any problems?

• Hi Vorenas,

You can delete that signal if you dont use it any RAPID context. If you use CycleON_DO signal in RAPID code you should also delete those lines for avoiding any referance error.

P.S : If you have any PLC in your system maybe you also need to make modifications in your plc program. Usually those system signals used in cell logic.

BR.

Erdem Karaçeper

Advertising from our partners